Thursday, August 09, 2007

Looking Back... Emma is 33 Months Old!

IMG_1461

So, like, hello.

Like always, here is my very late monthly update. And, like lately, it's in point form. Cuz I'm so very tired these days. Cuz of a kid called Michael. But that's another story. This is Emma's update... Here goes.

July 6 - I got her her first pair of big girl underwear. Dora. Duh. The first day she kept taking off her diaper or pull-up to wear the panties. She was sooo proud of them, tried on all 3 pairs in the package in the first half hour! And she would get totally insulted and ANGRY if I put a diaper on her rather than a pull-up (except for bedtime).

However, the panty fixation only lasted till July 20. Maybe earlier. Then came this conversation:

A: (changing her bum, going to put on a pair of fresh panties)
E: NOOO!!! I don't want to wear panties!!! I want to wear a PULL-UP!!!
A: But... but... you're a big girl!! Big girls wear panties!!
E: NOOO!!! I don't want to wear panties!!! I want to wear a PULL-UP!!!
A: But... you LOVED your big girl panties! Why don't you want to wear them?
E: Cuz MY PEE GOES RIGHT THROUGH THEM!!!

============

IMG_1116

July 23 - actually used "by chance" in a sentence. I think it was something like, "Is there a garbage in here, by chance?" And now, "by chance" is a regular part of her vocabulary. "Can we go to the park today, by chance?"

Uhhh... When did my 2-year-old turn 30?

============

After she pooh'd on the potty, she told me that I needed to clean her bum on the "inside". Cuz it was pooh. But then told me that if it was pee it wouldn't be any big deal, cuz "pee is just like water."

============

We live in a townhouse complex with an underground parking lot. We're supposed to park there all the time, but sometimes, like when we have a car full of groceries, or when it's really nice outside, when Michael is asleep, or when we're only gonna be like five minutes, we park in the upstairs visitor lot. It's just easier that way. And we got really used to parking upstairs when my garage door remote was on the fritz, and I'd head down, press the button, only to have to reverse all the way back up. For like a MONTH. During that time, Emma really interested in the whole parking situation.

E: Are we going to park on the down-low today?
A: I dunno... we'll try the remote.
E: I prefer the up-low.

And yes, she really does use 'prefer' in a sentence. Often.

==========

For some reason, she's gotten really into calling me "Captain!". Michael, too.
Beats the hell outta me.

==========

Should she hear Michael crying...
"To the Rescue Harbour!"
(Uhh.. think she watches too much Diego?)

==========

P1020008

IMG_1091

IMG_1077

Did I mention she really likes ice cream?
Yeah, they both do.

===========

"Wanna touch my tongue? It's REALLY WET!"

===========

When she closes her eyes she thinks she's hiding.

==========

IMG_1187

How's this for being oh-so-very clever - when we pulled up to this one park on this one particular day, just to check it out, rather than asking if we could go play there, she simply asked if I was going to turn off the car.

===========

One day I let a little fart escape my rear.
E: Don't do that... it's gross. You need to go to the potty.

===========

Saw a black sports car. Told me it's name was German. Guess she had a conversation with Jeff.

And speaking of cars - clearly she gets this from her father - but on multiple occassions now she has accurately pointed out both Lori's and Bubie Barbara's cars. Both of which are nice, albeit very 'regular' looking cars. In other words, one is a blue Volvo sedan, the other is a silver Caddy sedan. Neither is a Ferrari nor a Monster Truck. And yet, she gets them right every single time.

And just when I thought nothing could blow me away more, she saw my truck, in white (mine is a goldy-browny-bronzey colour) and knew it immediately! And it's a friggen TRUCK! Christ, even to me they all look similar!

============

IMG_1238

IMG_1239

IMG_1240

IMG_1245

IMG_1249

=============

Esther, Emma's BFF, was in Jamaica for two weeks. Emma knew this as she's in a "faraway country". The other morning she woke up, looked at me, at said, "I still love Esther." How cute!!!

===========

The anger. Oh God. The anger.
She actually SNAPPED at me the other day. And not with her fingers.
"Emma, come try to use the potty..."
"I DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE POTTY!!!!!" With added venim. It's like calcium, but more intense.

===========

IMG_1058

Then there was this conversation with Emma, as I was changing Michael's diaper:
E: Michael's best friend is his package.
A: OH! Who told you that???
E: Bubbie.

Why am I not surprised?

10 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Oh Bubbie is so smart. Every boy's package is his best frend. I'm glad she's passing on such wisdom to Emma.

My advice on the panties vs the pull ups would be to get rid of the pull ups entirely. I made the mistake of buying them twice, once princess, once Dora and Saoirse lost all interest in wearing her panties. I refused to buy them again and now she is all panties all the time. Though we still have shout accidents.

Thanks, too, for the reminder of how old my daughter is. I can always count on you to tell me. Otherwise I'm counting on my fingers.

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

My Bubbie called it a "Goldmine".

BB

Anonymous said...

Okay...first of all, at a certain point, you can stop counting Emma in months...I think at 33....you have about reached it.
I love the story about the potty and the underwear. My niece who is almost the same age as Emma has ZERO desire to use the potty...in fact, she likes her diapers just fine.
I have to say that kids are much 'older' than we were at that age, and they use the words they hear us say at the most opprotune and inopprotune times...it is funny, yet scary at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Love how the "pee goes right through" the panties :)

She sounds like an awesome little girl. Quite the firecracker....as my Grandpa used to say!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

There were soooo many things in the post that I wanted comment on, but I think they all speak for themselves!!

Good luck with that one is all I'm gonna say.

Are you gonna do a Michael update, by chance?

Anonymous said...

Can totally relate to ALL of it. Your kids remnd me so much of my own. Especially that last pic with the Ruby and Max shirt on. Miss G thinks she is Ruby and calls Little G Max all the time. SOOOOOO cute. Where in the world did you get that outfit? you must be in Canada??

Tonya said...

They are so adorable and the things Emma says cracks me up!! The pictures are great as well.. who can resist nakid baby butt shots!!

Anonymous said...

I love that girl! She is absolutely hysterical!

I love, love, love your updates!

my4kids said...

Oh my she is too cute! I love the phrases. I also wonder when Madison turned 30? She has used words like apparently and a few others like that in correct context since she was little.. too funny