
First off, Emma (in Canada)... I'm getting to the meme. UGH! I'm not coming up with any funny answers for it. I think I'd like to be tagged for a better one. But since this is the one you chose, I'll do it. Begrudgingly.
Second, THANK YOU to CPA Mom for her oh-so-thoughtful blog swap gift!!! What a delightful surprise to receive my little package in the mail - a picture frame, that she actually went to the trouble of having photos of my kids printed & put in the frame, and a puzzle for them! Soo very sweet! I should also add that she hand-made a beautiful little card to go along with it!
And now to my very brief father's day wrap up... Why so brief, you ask? Oh... you didn't ask. Too bad. Shame. Well it's because I STILL have not bothered to write about the more important Mother's Day holiday (notice the caps?). Any why have I not bothered to write about it? Cuz I'm too damn busy BEING a mother, that's why.
As I way saying, Father's Day. Fine... I married a good father. He can have the caps back. We went to my parents house for their annual F-Day Backyard BBQ. It's was tons of fun! Always is. Lots and Lots and LOTS of food. Like steaks, ribs, sausages, salads, jumbalaya, and more and more and more. And Beer. And Pina Coladas. Then there were the desserts... I think there were four cakes. And a SECOND ice cream one that remained in the freezer cuz my mother forgot about it!!! You know there's too much food when... (Fortunately for me, I don't have to make dinner for a week!)
Okay... PICTURE TIME!!! Ah yes, another occasion where, if I didn't write about it, you wouldn't know I was even there cuz I don't have a single picture of me.
Michael finally decided he likes swimming, and actually feel asleep floating the pool for more than half an hour! Then he spent the remainder of the day gardening. And digging. And eating dirt.


Here's Emma, looking oh-so-cool. Jeff thinks she looks like Courtney Love in this shot. I disagree. I say Janis Joplin.

If you're at all interested, there are a few more photos HERE.
And here is the Man of the Hour, a guy we like to call Big Daddy Jeff. Or sometimes just Hey You.

Here, he took Emma on her first ever water-slide ride. I don't think she was expecting to go so far under!
Slide Ride from doublea on Vimeo
And here they are being just casual...
Swimming With Daddy from doublea on Vimeo
And here, just because she's sooo cute, is a photo of my niece Alexandria with my brother-in-law Bill. Or, "Silly Billy" as Emma calls him.

And lastly, HERE are some photos of Jeff with Emma... Now this is love!!!! Look at 'em. I know you don't really want to, but I think you should!

Happy Father's Day Jeffy...!!!

6 comments:
That last picture just melts my heart! Looks like he definitely deserved a great Father's Day!
The water slide video made me giggle! Poor Emma!
Love the pictures. The ones of Michael gardening are pretty cool I like his little hands. Sounds like a great Fathers day and especially the having leftovers for yourself for the next week. I'm so jealous.
Thank you for making this one of the best Father's days ever.
BB
Great photos, as usual. I was so worried you 1) had not gotten the package or 2) hated it. I sent it so long ago and you had not posted on it. Glad you liked it. I did not make the card though - my dear friend Anne Marie did. I'll tell her you liked it.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We just finished reading your blog, and looking at the photos over, and over again. What a wonderful Father's Day you had, and that last picture makes our hearts melt too!!!
Grandpa & Grandma
totally love that last pic.. the video's were great too!
Post a Comment