'Member awhile ago I told y'all that I was invited to the wedding of my oldest & dearest childhood friend and didn't know what to get her? I asked for your advise, and it poured in? Well... the wedding has since come & gone and now I thought I'd tell you how it went.
AMAZING! I'd show you pictures, but
1) I didn't take any; and
2) It wasn't my wedding so I don't really have the right to post the link to the pictures.
On that note, if said bride would like to post the link in my comments section, please go ahead. You were a beautiful, radiant, stunning, oh-so-happy - albeit already secretly married - bride.
But enough about you.
She asked me to give a speech. Now, I SUCK at public speaking. I talk at the speed of lightening, and nobody is able to hear a single thing I say. Plus, I have no short term memory left, so I'm a reader. Plus I'm nervous. Also lends itself being a reader.
Then I was told that her good friend L was giving her speech directly before mine, and I would be going right after salads, and before entrees. Why? Cuz I'm funny, and she wanted to begin the entree on a light and airy note. That's me... airy.
How's that for pressure?
Anyhow...
Here's my speech.
(You should know that the groom is Jewish, and the Bride is Protestant. I think. Religion isn't a big part of their lives, but it is to his side of the family...)
Part One:
Untitled from barbarablum on Vimeo
Then my mother's camera timed out, and a little snippit was cut out.
Here I basically said something like:
When M & J started dating, M decided that it was high time I met someone too. And being the bossy type she is, she chose Jeff for me – J’s housemate. Jeff and I met, fell in love and the four of us moved in together. Then we got married and had 2 children. In that order. But that's just us. (wave at her kids)
Part Two:
Untitled from barbarablum on Vimeo
So yeah. I think it went well.
As for the gift? I ended up getting them a Screwpull.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I had a hard time hearing over all the laughter. And my yellingkids and the View on TV. Willtry listening again later, when no one is here and I am not sitting on the floor trying to type cause my chair's in the kitchen and the steam cleaners are almost an hour late.
too funny... Sure sounds like everyone was having a good time!
Love it!!
You did a great job!!!
BB
Post a Comment