Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Situation... Updated

A: Emma, I love my daughter so much!!
E: I love my daughter too!
A: You don't have a daughter...
E: Daddy is my daughter.
A: Oh. You mean father.

So no. In case you were wondering, there have been no improvements today.

But when she chucked her toy tape measure at my head and it hit me squarely in my nose, she felt really bad. Cried & cried, and hugged me tight. Then pulled back, and asked, "Are you alright?"

Saw some stars, but it was kinda worth it.

2 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

When Taylor used to tell me she didn't like me...whcih was often...in fact the last time was tonight!...I used to say "You just hurt mummy's heart." Nothing like a little guilt. It worked. Until she was 4 or so.

Barbara said...

Yes, guilt will do it!!! It's a powerful tool, use it wisely, you'll need it when she turns 18, wants to move to Vancouver and get her nose pierced. I wished someone told me about it.

BB