As you all know I'm now 36 weeks pregnant. This means I'm officially good to go... and in two weeks, I'll be ready to be induced. Not that my doctor will induce in two weeks, but like I said, I'll be ready. Right now I still have far too much to do. His bedroom is still our guest room. I have yet to even begin packing my hospital bag. The basement needs to be cleaned out. And I haven't even washed the little guy's coming home outfit in Ivory Snow. Hell, I haven't even bought the Ivory Snow.
All this on my ever growing to-do list, and last week I sprained my ankle. Tore some ligaments. Am limping around everywhere. It hurts. And not just a little. Finally went to the doctor and - big surprise - she told me I sprained my ankle. Tore some ligaments. Take a Tylenol if I want. And stay off your feet for at least week. Yeah, right. Fortunately, my mother (aka Bubbie) lives just seven minutes from me so she has been coming over every afternoon for the past week to watch Emma so I can 'rest'. Unfortunately I've been using this 'resting' time to do things like laundry, vaccuming, dusting, and solo grocery shopping. Okay, maybe not so much vaccuming.
Of course, while I've been getting all my daily life stuff done, my busted ankle isn't making any healing progress. I'm still limping around everywhere, taking 10 times longer to get anything accomplished because it hurts so damn bad.
Then three days ago I came down with the cold from hell. We're in a ridiculous heat wave & I get the flu. What the hell is up with THAT??!!! I can't swallow, breathe, or barely see straight. I'm coughing up my left lung. My throat feels like someone is stabbing it with daggers. And all I can do for relief is gargle with warm salt water. Fan-fuckin-tastic.
Did I mention my ankle is killing & I can barely walk?
Since I hit the 36-week mark, my back has also suddenly decided it is no longer my friend. Probably because I've gained a ridiculous amount of weight so far. 35 lbs and counting. I'd say 26 lbs out front, 5 on my ass, and the remainder on my upper arm. That harsh reality slapped me in the face the other day when I dared to wear a tank top cuz it's like a bazillion degrees here. Pretty... All this said, I don't leave home without my Obus Form back support brace.
And just when I thought I couldn't feel any crappier... my mother gave me some Father's Day flowers to take home after her annual BBQ bash. I was happy - I love flowers. Selected a vase, and went about trimming the stems. Wouldn't you know it, I nearly hacked off my thumb. Really. Serrated knife right through - nail & all. It was a gusher I tell ya, a real gusher. I should have gotten stitches, that much I'm aware, but it was very late - probably about 9:30 - and I was beyond exhaused. But my God, the throbbing and pulsating I felt in my one little appendage could have made for a stellar x-rated movie. Good Will Humping, anyone?
I looked at Jeff, absolutely defeated by life:
"I fully expect my water to break tonight."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh Alissa sounds like you are having a wonderful time over there!! The ankle.. the flu.. the knife through the finger.. the back.. what could be next?? oh yeah possibly your water breaking!!! I think you should just lay down and maybe not move until your water does break.. just so nothing else could happen to you. You can make hubby go out and get the ivory snow..lol
Seriously though.. I hope that you are feeling better soon and you are not in so much discomfort! I did have to laugh my ass off though at your "Good will humping" lol
oh and I forgot.. you may be 36 weeks pregnant.. bad ankle.. sore back and cut finger but you look great :)
Wow, and they say pregnancy is such a magical time. I'm sorry for your cold, bum ankle, cut finger, and all the expected pregnancy complaints. It does kind of make you wonder what else could go wrong, doesn't it? Tonya's idea of hiding in bed for the next few days sounds like a good precaution. :)
I have got to give it to you and Emma...you are two tough broads. Emma with her broken foot...you with your cold... hobbling about only to cut your finger off and all while on the verge of giving birth...you gals are my heros.
LOL Aunt LA (does not stand for lower Alabama)
FYI...I really wanted to respond to the fart entry but declined at the urge to throw my brother under the bus. It would have been too easy.
All I can is...at least you only have a month to go! Or 3 weeks now I guess. But it does tend to drag.
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Blumen lbeck Dodge durango specification Naturally lower your cholesterol Kenmore vacuum hepa filter ashford fishing tackle shops Fishing pontoon boat comparison fishing Jacob fisherman Ring tones download free samsung ringtones call center I should receive the scholarship answer
Post a Comment