I'm exhausted & my back is KILLING me (kvetch, kvetch, kvetch...), so this is going to be quick. It's actually a guilt post because it's been far too long since I've written anything at all, and I've likely lost my entire viewing population...
That said, here I go.. RANT AWAY...
Lately I've noticed that we have a couple of household products that just aren't up to snuff. Specifically two of 'em. First off, is our lovely Kitchen Aid Cast Iron Blender. Don't get me wrong, the thing blends like the beast that it is. Chops, Mixes, Dices, Liquifies, Purees - this sucker does it all. But then you go to pour your creation into your glass... and this is where the fun ends. The damn thing leaks and runs all down the front. Every. Single. Time. No matter how you angle it, no matter where you place your glass. It's a dripper. You'd think that with all the testing products have to go through before they hit store shelves, someone would have tried to pour a bloody milkshake. Christ, they went through all the trouble to encase the damn thing in CAST IRON, you'd think they could make a non-dripping spout.
And now for Rant #2. A few years ago, my sister-in-law got Jeff an X-Box for Christmas. And while you may think it's just a video game console, it's a whole lot more. Okay, maybe not exactly a WHOLE lot more, but a little bit more. It's also a DVD player. So rather than buying a THIRD (yes, THIRD) DVD player for the bedroom, I opted just to get the special X-Box remote control that magically converts our sytem into a movie machine. Great... the little remote was only $40, and for only $40 we have yet another DVD player with which to watch Dora and Barney in the bedroom. And here is where I'm confused as to how this little item possibly made it out of the testing facility... I mean, many levels have to examine each & every item to make sure it's working properly, not missing anything important, and so forth.
The net net of my story is that I now have a remote control without a power button.
Yes, there is NO POWER BUTTON. HUH????
(Look closely at the picture that I've linked to above and you'll see that the big button on the top centre, the button you'd automatically assume was the power button, is actually just the display button. Bullshit, I tell you. Bullshit.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Okay you have not lost your viewing population.. I still check everyday..lol
That is crap about the blender.. those things never seem to pour properly..
and so weird about the remote!
Alissa, is it really necessary for you to curse like a truck driver?
BB.
Fuck off.
Oy, do you kiss your child with that mouth????? So much for fat people being jolly!!!
BB
Post a Comment