Monday, August 15, 2005

B'Bye Perfect Piece of Headwear

IMG_4755

There have been many, many near-misses with this, my favourite, hat. Every day I plop it on E's little head, we battle for awhile, and ultimately I win & she realizes that it's a fantatic piece of headwear. But that never stopped her from throwing it overboard, and I've made many a back-trek, searching the streets of Toronto, and ultimately fetching the hat from many a sidewalk & park lawn.

Today it just wasn't meant to be. We're in Victoria, in the huge crowds watching the Dragon Boat Festival (kinda boring, really - perhaps if the boats were more elaborate, more ornate...). When I noticed the absent hat. AGH! We backtracked to no avail. We searched all over... nada. And I had only moved about 50 feet from when I last saw it on her bald little top.

Still smarting over the defeat, we set about walking home. We passed a group of women.

W #1: What a cute baby!
W #2: In this heat... she should really be wearing a hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha!! Emma is so adorable...=)