
According to the Maxwell House commercial, I am a bonafide member of the "frilly coffee crowd". This is not something I am necessarily proud of, or have aspired to be, it's just fact. Fact is there is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the goodness that is my grande extra-hot, decaf, non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte with low-foam. Of course I hate paying stupid amounts of money for a coffee, and more especially the cookie that so often accompanies it, yet about once a week I succumb to temptation and hand over my $6. Hell, I used to pay at least that on a daily basis back when I was a smoker. So I often think 'screw it' - everyone is allowed to have a vice. Ah shit... then again, beer may have replaced my cigs. Okay, it's 4:00 am, I'm sick, very sick, the thick & green kind of sick, and clearly not thinking straight.
Back to my point... So today I was at Home Depot exchanging a broom (head popped off on first use) and while I was waiting for them to get their act together I sauntered over to the Second Cup located in the store for a bevvie.. Since it's like 200 degrees in the shade here, my regular Starbucks order wasn't going to cut it so I looked over their offerings and found one that sounded just divine... "Frrrozen Hot Chocolate". What could be wrong with that?!
Well, I'll tell you... (gee, whatta surprise.) There is one thing about paying $6 for my usual cup of bliss. It's quite another to pay $6 for a cup of fucken' CHOCOLATE MILK. Yes, it looks all pretty in the picture with its whipped cream & chocolate sprinkles, but when you opt not to get the fancy fluffy stuff on top what are you left with? CHOCOLATE MILK.

No comments:
Post a Comment