This afternoon I dropped Jeff off at the airport, and en route home decided to stop by the beer store to get a head start on my party for one. It's like 190 degrees here so of course the store was packed - who couldn't use a nice cold beer on a day like today? And, of course, it was a line of men. Not that women don't drink beer, but today it just so happened that the entire line consisted of men. Some nice-looking (like the one who held the door open for Emma & I - yes, I may be married, but I'm still allowed to look), and some not-so-nice looking. Granted, I didn't really notice those ones.
After a few minutes, I got to the front of the line and requested my 6-pack of Sol. When I drink Sol in the blazing heat I like to close my eyes and pretend I'm really on a beach in Mexico. I do this to escape what I'm really doing, which is usually inhaling the noxious fumes off Yonge St. But then again, that's a buzz that can't be had even off the entire 6-pack of Sol.
Beer Guy: Your daughter is so cute!
Me: Thank you.
BG: So... how long were you in labour?
Me: Ummm... 10 hours.
BG: That's great! 9 years ago my wife was in for 33.5 hours with my son!
Me: Ouch.
BG: Yeah! Ripped from front to back!
Guy Behind Me: My wife took 21 hours.
Me: Ouch.
BG: They didn't give her enough fluids before she started pushing, and well... I'm sure you know the rest...
Needless to say, this was the MOST BIZARRE beer store trip I've ever had.
But now I'm home with my Sol, Jeff is in Washington, and Emma is fast asleep. Let the party begin!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment