Friday, November 02, 2007

The Par-Tay Day

So my follow-up to Emma's 3rd birthday party is long overdue, I'm well aware. Thanks so much for making me feel guilty everyone... Okay, BUBBIE B. But the fact of the matter is, I'm just too damn tired to blog these days. I wish I could blame it on a faulty thyroid, but no... And it's not even lack of sleep. It's just... unruly children? No... they're great. Loud, sure. But pretty easy. Family problems? Absolutely. Oh... I dunno. Perhaps I'm just a tad whiny today. Anyhow, it's about all I can do to keep their fingers out of the electical outlets. Well, just Michael. Emma fortunately has zero interest in seeing her hair stand on end.

All that being said, I'll re-cap Emma's party quickly, and mostly by way of photos. Thank God for photos... they make wordless blogs much more worthwhile.

So I know I told you all that her party was held at a very out-of-the-way Pumpkin Farm, and that I made everyone drive way the hell out of their way so we could have an authentic Dress-Up Halloween-type bash... and that we did! Sadly, it was FREEZING outside! Just the day before it was like 80 degrees, then... BAM! Like straight down to 50. Which normally would have been quite pleasant had we just been coming OUT of winter, but this being the VERY FIRST COLD DAY of the season, made it that much colder. On the bright side, it didn't rain. And it was supposed to. That would be my glass-half-full take on the situation.

And without further adue, may I present you with Princess Emma-La:

IMG_4520

Don't mind the Princess' unfortunate hair-do.. For some reason, Jeff took it upon himself to brush out all her curls, then put the hood on her jacket on, so she ended up with a very bad hair day. Why people without curls insist on style the hair of people with curls I'll never know... Clearly, they haven't got a clue!! Fortuntely Auntie Lori was there with her emergency hair band & piled it up in an oh-so-almost-chic messy ponytail.

Here's my little spider-boy, stuffed in a wheelbarrel:

IMG_4654

Then, thinking he was so cute in there, I made Emma get in too. I jumped in behind and it made a surprisingly nice family shot... Okay, fine. It's a good shot of me, nevermind that neither kid is actually looking at the camera.

pumpkin

Take a look-see at Baby Alexandria... Can you believe the cuteness of this kid?

IMG_4589

Here she is with her mother, my sister, aka Auntie Lori:

IMG_4584

And some more of Michael... cuz his costume rocked my world. Seriously. It did.

IMG_4535

IMG_4702

Here is the honorable mention roll of some of Emma's oh-so-cute friends:

Hunter:

IMG_4632

Madison:

IMG_4613

Shayne:

IMG_4610

Briar: (if I had known about this name before I named Emma Emma, I would have totally fought for it... LOVE IT! Probably doesn't hurt that she is stinkin' GORGEOUS!)

IMG_4554

Here is Jeff, Michael, and Jeff's sister Lisa on the wagon/hay ride thing that came included in the party package. It's pretty much the only photo I took on the ride cuz it was kinda really bumpy. More just like proof that it was part of the party for future memories. Or something like that.

IMG_4529

Michael, enjoying cake with his peeps:

IMG_4618

And, of course, the all-important CAKE PHOTO-OP:

IMG_4568

IMG_4573

IMG_4576

We decided to open presents at home. For a couple reasons, but mostly cuz when a three-year-old starts opening, and hits upon one she REALLY likes, all others get pushed to the side. Then everything grinds to a halt. And when you only have the party room for two-hours, this poses a problem... (speaking of which, next year I may need to solicit someone for their condo party room... hint, hint...)

It seems this was, once again, the Year of Dora. Clearly, Emma was disappointed.

IMG_4711

Dora board games, colouring books, story books, and how can I forget, the FOUR FOOT TALL INFLATABLE DORA PUPPET THEATRE! Thank you Auntie Lori! Don't be surprised when I come over with a do-it-yourself-ginger bread house!

The other big theme this year was dress-up - by way of nightgowns (cuz my daughter no longer wears pajamas), dresses, tiaras, and jewlery.

Here she is moments after after opening some such gifts:

IMG_4716

And, finally, here she is after decking herself out in an outfit that came in her new "treasure chest" of costumes. Dare I say it, but don't you think she resembles an 80-year-old hooker in Miami? I'm just sayin'...

IMG_4743

10 comments:

Tonya said...

even though it was cold it sounds like a great party and OMG I laughed my ass off at the 80 year old hooker...

Emma in Canada said...

Oh God the hooker one. You are so right. Throw a grey wig on her and bob's your uncle.

I would have always said that Michael looked like Jeff until that second picture of Alexandria. They are the spit of one another. Obviously, Bubbie's genes did well.

But where was Emma's BFF Esther?

my4kids said...

I love their costumes! Too cute! Kenzie always had the messy hair thing when Kelly got anywhere near it. She had this mass of curls like Emma and Kelly was forever brushing them out. Only makes it look messy.

Barbara said...

YOU'RE AWESOME!
YOU'RE BRILLIANT!
YOU SHOULD BE PHOTOGRAPHING SUPERMODELS IN PARIS!
YOU SHOULD BE A SUPERMODEL IN PARIS!

That last picture of Emma, I'm still laughing!!

Plus I'm beat Lori to the cut and paste.
BB

Anonymous said...

80 year old hooker?! Cracked me up :)

Anonymous said...

Bwa ha ha!

Might be time to teach Emma the old rule of taking one accessory off to make sure it's not too much. Actually, in that second to last picture, I think she could take six pieces of jewelry off and it'd still be too much!

And what's with you talking in Fahrenheit??? Are you catering to your US readers?

Looks like it was an awesome party and I love that first pic of Michael, he looks embarrassed! Bwa haha!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Working Mom said...

What a fun party! The pictures are beautiful and Emma looked gorgeous!

She reminds me so much of my daughter...curls and all!

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. The party was fun, even though I was the only one without a child!
I am glad that my gift got a photo op here on your blog and of course I am sure it was because it was Dora!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Baby Alexandria's eyelashes are freakin awesome!!!! I wish mine were half as beautiful!!!

So glad that Emma had a great party! Love the last picture!!!!!!