Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Michael is Sixteen Months Old!!!

IMG_4959

Okay, is it really so bad if Michael's update is only three days late, when Emma's very significant 3-year one was ten days overdue?

But... hers will definitely be better than his. How's that for making you want to read on?! Compelling. I know.

Also, you should know that this 16-month-old update is going to be the sunshine edition. The "my-boy-is-so-freakin-cute-he-can't-possibly-be-a-little-asshole-half-of-the-time" version. Gimme a few days, then I'll let you in on the other side of MickNew's personality. And believe you me, it ain't so purdy. But alas, he is my other favourite person on the planet and I love him bunches & bunches.

IMG_4468

But since we've hopped aboard the love bus right now, I'll tell you how he has started saying "Where Are You?" Usually in reference to myself or Emma. And it usually - okay, always - comes out more like "M-Ma... R-U???"

This next piece of news is BIG! And not BIG like his tummy or wide feet. Oh no... Michael has finally FINALLY FINALLY taken an interest in reading!!! Or, maybe he's just stopped hitting me upside the head with the book whenever I'll broached the subject. Although if it's not a touch-and-feel book, he'll still touch & feel every single page to make absolutely sure there's nothing to touch or feel. Cuz, y'know, it'd be a shame to miss out on a good feel. Who said my boy was slow?

He's also recently developed a love for his blanket this month. And while the love affair is no where near as intense as Emma's is for her 'ol blanket, it's still there. Both their prized blankets were made by the same Bubbie - no, not their Bubbie, she doesn't do that - but rather Julia's bubbie. Bubbie Judy. And let me tell you, Bubbie Judy crochets a damn fine blanket. Although after many, many, MANY washings Emma's is not what it used to be in terms of huggibly soft fluffiness. Michael's still is. Granted, he hasn't barfed or pee'd on it. Yet.

Did I ever tell you that my boy fashions himself a dancer? Check out his fancy footwork. You can say you knew him when...


Untitled from doublea on Vimeo.

He now says Mommy clear as day. And by that, I mean a bright sunny day. See.. I told you this was the happy day sunshine edition.

He loves cleaning. Yes, you heard me right. Particuarly vaccuuming - with Emma's pink Pottery Barn vaccuum, or if that's not available, the big central vac. Y'know, whatever works. Sadly, the Pottery Barn one is just for show. It sounds real and all, but no suction. Shame, just little guy goes over carpet lint again and again just waiting for the damn thing to suck it up already. And when frustration finally kicks in, he generally picks up the whole thing by the handle and just slams it to the ground. Repeatedly. Probably scratching the hell out of my hard wood floors. I mean, it would be one thing if my future dog scratched the hell out of the floors. That would be worth it. But a pink Pottery Barn vaccuum? I dunno...

Oh... but this is supposed to be all about Michael The Good. Yup. A boy who cleans. Not just a boy who complains about his wife's cleaning. Clearly future marriage material.


Long Distance Dusting from doublea on Vimeo.

He's also started kissing people on TV. Particularly pretty girls... and then goes behind the TV to try to figure out how to kiss them in real life. Or so I assume. He doesn't speak much about it, so I'm jumping to my own conclusions. But after the kiss, he generally seems pretty frustrated...

He says "Hello!" Well, it's more like "Haa-Laa". Oh shit. Maybe the poor guy has been asking for some Challah all month long. What kind of Jewish mother am I not to recognize the signs??? My boy wants him some Challah! (Errr... that's egg bread for all my goyim readers...)

He also says Hiya, and can point out his head, ears, nose, mouth, feet, hands and eyes. He'd probably be able to do alot more if only I were a better mother.

And while he may not speak too much - at least not intelligibly - he understands EVERYTHING. You can tell him to put something away, not to touch something, to go to his bedroom, whatever. He gets it all. But that is not to be confused with him OBEYING any of it.

Again, however, this is the glass-half-full version. Not to worry, my pissy whiny glass half empty self will return shortly.

But golly gee... isn't he just GORGEOUS??!!

IMG_4435

When I lay down with him at bedtime and think he's asleep, what with the deep breathing and all, I'll eventually attempt to remove his midsection from my head, by rolling oh-so-carefully to the left, only to have him slam my head back into the pillow, silently saying "YOU LADY... YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. NOW GET YOUR ASS BACK DOWN HERE & DON'T BE LEAVIN' TILL MORNING." And if you could feel the force with which he shoves my head down in the pillow, you'd know he means business. And you'd be afraid. Very, very afraid.

But like I said, just look how GORGEOUS this face is!!!

IMG_4432

What else? He started saying "peas peas" - okay, fine. He's not really asking for peas. I mean, sure... the kid likes food, but seriously... who actually likes PEAS. Ewww.... Rather, he's saying, "Please please..." About nothing in particular. Just mimicing Emma. He does that alot. Sometimes a tad too much. I just wish he'd start running like a real boy and stop flying like a fairy... At least before school starts. I don't deal well with bloody noses & black eyes.

When he wants, he can be totally polite! In a boy kind of way. He understands "excuse me"... but says what he can - "beep beep". C'mon - you know you're smiling! It's cute - admit it!

His hugs. I've got, just GOT, to tell you about his hugs. Seriously, among the best hugs I've ever received. EVER! So strong, I can't imagine them being unlike how hard that model must've hugged the tree when the tsumani threatened to blow her away. Okay... maybe not THAT strong. But you get my point.

On November 11th - the eve of his 16-month birthday, we celebrated by treating the little guy to his first Feature Film... CINDERELLA!!! Uhh... guess whose choice that was?!

His reaction: HOOKED! Oh... Emma liked it too.


Gripped By Disney from doublea on Vimeo.

And yup, little guy sat through the WHOLE THING. I think he may have even shed a tear when she married the Prince.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review!! He is gorgeous and I especailly loved his dance moves!!!
Love Grandmaxxoo

Emma in Canada said...

So cute. Sophie knows no body parts. I will have to squeeze a lot of knowledge into her little head in just a short time should I ever write a 16 month post. Which I won't. Plus, with all that falling on her head she does I'm not sure the old brain cells could handle it.

Barbara said...

I LOVE the hugs!! I even got an open mouth kiss yesterday, a bit scary with all those teeth but so worth taking the chance!

BB

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Of course he is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

He is totally gorgeous. If he decides not to be straight, he can just marry my Little Man. Although, he'll have to switch movies. Because we're all about Finding Nemo. And when I say "we," I really don't mean to include myself. Because I've watched Nemo so many times, that all I want to do now is eat the damn clown fish and be put out of my misery.

And the hugs being like Pietra hugging the tree in the tsunami? I know this will mean I rot in hell, but it made me laugh so hard, I had a coughing fit. That? was hysterical!

Oh, and to answer your question on my blog about what it is that I do, I'm in PR (public relations) for a technology company.