
Can you beeeelieve it??? My baby is THREE FRIGGIN' YEARS OLD!!!
Okay, fine. She's three years old and ten days. Apparently Jeff and his late ways have finally rubbed off on me. Dang.
And today Michael's update is due and I haven't haven't even started it. So don't be holding your breath for that one anytime soon.

Before I get into my usual grind of Emma-isms, I'd like to touch on a few things about my little girl... y'know, a sort of celebration of her extreme awesomeness, if you will.
I'd go into how much I love her, and how she's one of my two favourite people on the planet, and all sorts of mushy stuff like that, but I'm not really a public musher. I'm going to take it for granted that you all know that she is the love of my life (Michael, too) and I don't really have to get into any more detail than that.
But what you don't necessarily know is just how much she impresses me on a daily basis. My kid? She's SMART. Capitalized. Yeah, yeah... I know I'm her mother and all, and I'm nothing if not totally and completed biased, but I'm telling you... S-M-A-R-T.
Trust me.
Like the other day, we were stuck in heavy highway traffic, and I was getting very frustrated. Noticably so, apparently. My daughter? What does she say?
"Mommy... you have to be patient!"
Patient! My 3-year-old is telling ME to be PATIENT!
Another thing? Way back, like a whole year ago, she was deathly afraid of strangers. To the point where I was concerned that she was going to be the kid I'd have to peel off my leg to get her to go with anyone except me, her father, Auntie Lori, or Bubbie Barbara. (Fine, Martine & Michelle too.) Not only was I able to leave her at school on her very first day with no tears, no issues, no nothing but a happy wave good-bye, but now?? Now she even says HI to the take-out delivery man who occasionally brings me crappy pad thai. (One of these days, I'll stop ordering from there...) And the FedEx guy. And even the Meter-Reader man. That's right! My kid is FRIENDLY! This is the same kid who used to scream and cry and hold only my leg for dear life whenever a stranger would acknowledge her existence. And now she not only stays downstairs rather than running up and ducking for cover under the nearest bed, she SPEAKS!!!!
You have no idea... but this is HUGE!

Okay... now I'll move on with my stand out Emma-isms of the month:
One morning Emma was sitting on the toilet and pee'd alot...
E: "My bum does it's job!"
================
A: You’re very good at collecting.
E: I’m a good collector.
Okay, not witty or anything - but this just impressed me because of her sound grasp of the language. Uh-huh. Clearly I'm her mother. I know. You can shut up now.
=================
She's become even more motherly toward her blanket, making sure to ask every morning if I will keep ol' blanket company while she's at school.
Seriously... how sweet is she? And when she knows I'm not going to be home, and I suggest that one of her stuffed animals watch over ol' blanket, she kinda looks at me like I'm an idiot and points out that they're not real.
==================
One morning Jeff & I were standing outside the bathroom while Emma was inside having a shower.
We heard the loud PLUNK of the soap dropping, following by Emma saying,
"Oh For God Sakes!"
Clearly my kid.
===================
One afternoon while we were at Blue Mountain we were looking everywhere for Emma's Grandma & Grandpa.
We finally saw them out in the parking lot.
Emma proclaimed, "Oh for God's sakes!"
Kid even had my tone down.
====================
On seeing a rainbow one afternoon:
E: "Mommy, somebody drew on the sky!"
====================
On seeing the mini airplane-size bottles in the liquor store:
E: "Mommy, these ones are MY size!"
=====================
E: "Daddy... you have boobs! And they're growing!!"
======================
A: "Tonight Bubbie is bringing over cake & ice cream for dessert."
E: "That will make me deeelighted!"
======================
E: "Daddy... you have hair all over! You're just like a dog!"
(But, to be fair, she was actually just referring to his facial stubble. Sadly, had she looked at me a little longer, she more than likely would have said the same thing, as I sit here picking at my stupid chin hair. Nevermind the whole unfortunately upper lip situation...)
=======================
Bubbie: So Emma... you went to the Cottage with Grandma & Grandpa?
Emma: Yes. But I still love you!
=======================
On inviting me to her tea party:
E: "Perhaps you would like to come and have a bite with me?"
=======================
At her 'let's pretend it's your birthday so they'll sing to you' dinner, she felt compelled to comment about our less-than-plesant waitress, loudly:
E: "She has a big, fat bum!"
Fair enough. She did.
=========================
On playing 'basketball' (or, more accurately, throwing a ball in the air and ducking as it lands):
E: "I'm just taking a little bit of shots!"
=========================
On why I opted not to go up to the cottage one weekend:
A: Emma, do you know why I didn't come with to Grandma & Grandpa's cottage?
E: Cuz you are exhausted.
==========================

10 comments:
"I'm just taking a little bit of shots!"
For some reason, I see 21-year old Emma saying this with a completely different reasoning.
I love the Emmaisms - Happy Birthday to her! She's wise beyond her 3 years! : )
Another great month of Emma-isms!
She is too stinkin cute and she is SMART! Happy birthday sweet Emma!!
I can't believe Randie is 3 on wednesday.. where does the time go!!
Okay the daddy boobs? Pee myself funny.
She's a riot. I really have to write down more of what Saoirse says.
i love it, the stuff she says is hilarious!~
The pics are gorgeous too :)
So glad to read the update--love the pictures, and oh how we miss being with both Emma and Michael!! The highlight of my trip last month was when Emma got right up in my face, and said "I love you grandma, and you're my best friend". That will keep one coming back for more!!
Grandma---and Grandpa too!!xxoo
Not only is she smart with a great vocabulary but she is gorgeous I love that girls curls she is just to freakin cute!!
Loved the "Daddy... you have hair all over! You're just like a dog!"
comment that one had me in tears!
She's definitely a smart little lady.
I love the daddy hair and boobs comments :-)
This child cracks me up!! Love the daddy hair and boobs comments!!
GORGEOUS pictures--you take the best shots!!
Post a Comment