Saturday, August 18, 2007

Slumped & A Safari

And not in a posture-related way.

Lately I'm just not so much in the mood to blog. Okay, that's not true... I am in the mood, per se, but really don't have the energy. I mean, I think about all the things I COULD be blogging about, but usually I'm lying in bed while I'm thinking about them.

Like what?

Well... on Canada Day - that was July 1st weekend - we went to our friends' house in London, ON, and the kids saw fireworks for the first time. Also, on our way home we stopped off at African Lion Safari. Cuz, hell... we were in Cambridge anyhow. And uhhh... I doubt there will ever be another reason to go to Cambridge. (Sorry to all of you who live there... but c'mon. Really.) And I've got, like, tons of photos of lions and stuff. Shot from inside the car. Yeah... they're awesome. Aren't you dying to see 'em?

Oh? You are? Guess what?! You can!!! By clicking HERE!

And yeah... we were in MY truck, so Jeff took the MONKEYS CAN AND WILL CLIMB ALL OVER YOUR CAR ROUTE. Particularly if you give them the bananas you brought for the kids' to snack on.

Oh? You wanna see video of how Jeff let Emma drive? Cuz we were on a private road? How Britney Spears of him, huh? Alabama, Louisiana... tomato, tomatoe... (kidding people... relax...)

Here's proof of the driving... and Classic Jeff, to boot.



Feather The Wheel from doublea and Vimeo.

If you listen carefully, right at the beginning, Emma points out that the monkey has a package... Oy.



This Monkey Has A Package from doublea and Vimeo.

So that was great, huh? But you want to see MORE? YOU CAN!!! Thanks to the magic that is VIMEO! Yes, many many more home videos can be found here... just waiting for you!!

Come back soon, y'all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who needs africa, when you have the African Lion Safari - you are right, in Cambridge of all places. Cambridge is not that bad. We stayed at the holiday inn there last month and it was really nice.
I loved the pictures of the animals, so up close and personal. Where there any scratchs or dents on your car? What about any 'presents' left by any of the animals???

my4kids said...

I love the package comment! I think the monkeys on the car would have scared me and the girls though!

Tonya said...

Been there many times when I was a kid and loved when the monkeys would come to the car... I LMAO @ Emma and her package... too funny!

Emma in Canada said...

Damn my place of work and the lack of video viewing ability!

But I'm sure it's really cute.

Anonymous said...

DYING on the monkey package comment!! She's too much :)

Come back soon? I check everyday!! Sometimes? Three or four times each day!! So duh....of course I'll be back!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm also a stalker of your blog, so really, you could just have a video of Emma picking her nose and I'd be happy.

But videos of her driving and commenting on monkey packages? Well, that's even better!!!!

And I used to LOVE African Lion Safari! Which I totally typed that while singing the song they had on their commercial when I was growing up. I'm such a nerd...

Happy Working Mom said...

That is so freaking cool!!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Dude! You were a pane of glass away from a hungry wild animal that could EAT you! Bet it was fun though!

LMAO about the "package".