Friday, August 31, 2007

MickNew's First Do

IMG_1562

The date: August 4th, 2007
The event: Michael's first haircut.

Now really you probably shouldn't have gotten me started. Oh wait... it wasn't you. I believe I already mentioned that Jeff & I had a major difference of opinion on whether or not this was really necessary. I said no. Jeff said yes. I reminded Jeff that the Orthodox wait THREE YEARS beforing cutting their sons' hair. He reminded me that we are not Orthodox.

That, and I don't think he's really into having his son look like Ryder Robinson. Oh c'mon now - you know EXACTLY who the little guy is.

Check out how awesome his hair is!!



And my little MickNew... he could totally have had hair just like that!!! But now... now... thanks to my somewhat conservative husband, we'll never know.

Here was the little guy before... Jeff thought he looked "scruffy" and deemed him to have a mullet. I thought he was a blonde bombshell. Fabio-like, even.

IMG_1549

And then he was placed in THE CHAIR.

IMG_1556

Check out Emma standing behind, gazing longingly at the Wall Of Product. Always the girl...

IMG_1571

And the end result... Still cute as a button. And now more David Beckham than Fabio... (Just God help him if he gets all those tattoos... unless, of course, he's making $500 billion a year playing a game he loves.)

IMG_1570

Okay, so as usual, I've lost my train of thought... the point of this entry? My annoyance of the day. Other than Jeff insisting on the cut, that is...

What totally annoyed me was being charged $10 for his cut. Granted, it wasn't done at our normal salon - who wouldn't have charged him anything - but they were too busy, and Jeff couldn't wait another day. So we took him to another place, one just down the street from our usual haunt. We both figured it would probably be like $5. So fine. No biggie, my venti half-caf, non-fat, sugar-free vanilla low-foam Starbucks latte costs more than that. At the end of the cut, which took her, no joke, like three mintures to do, she said, "$10, please." Fine. But what really pissed me off? I gave her a 20, and she handed back my change in a 5, two 2's, and a 1. Tip change.

What annoyed me even more than that???

I TIPPED HER!!!!

$2.00!!!!

Just slap me upside the head and tattoo a big ol' SUCKA across my forehead whydontcha.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Didn't you ask yourself the BIG question? "Am I ever coming back here?" That should determine the tip.
BB

Emma in Canada said...

I thought $10 was the standard. I would have tipped too. Cause I'm like that.

Ryder's hair is HORRID! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTINGLY HORRID!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....he looks so adorable!!

Ryder? Blech. Anytime I see a picture of that child, I ALWAYS think it's a girl at first.

Morgan's first haircut was $15. Given the hair cutter chick really had to work for her money, I ended up tipping her $10. But, totally worth it.

For what this girl did to Michael? $10 is insane. Of course, that's Canadian ten dollars. No clue what that is for me.

And, Emma? At The Wall of Product? TOO funny!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've paid $14 for Little Man's hair cuts and he's needed one since the age of 6 months, so I've spent the equivalent of a pair of Manolo Blahnik's on the kid.

And I like his hair on the longer side too, so I always delay the inevitable and argue with Sweetie Pie at the hair cut place about how much should be cut off.

But Ryder? His hair is ridiculous! If he was a girl, he'd be really cute. I'm sure all the kids totally mock him behind his back, I mean seriously!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Michael? Looks adorable with his haircut.

And I'd worry more about his marrying Victoria Beckham than the tattoos with his new David Beckham do.

my4kids said...

Michaels haircut is cute. I always let my boys hair grow a bit before their first cut nothing close to the ryder hair though! $10 for a cut on a baby though? That seems much since he didn't look like he faught any.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I gotta say I totally agree with everyone about Ryder's hair! NO!!

Love Michael's though!! He looks so dang cute!