
On Monday my sister Lori & I took our kids to Centre Island (a part of Toronto Island) for a day in the sun before it's winter. Which will be soon enough.
Skipping over Centreville (the Island amusement park), we went to instead to the Franklin Children's Garden. Franklin, for those of you who don't know, is the Canadian version of Timothy. Except Franklin is a Turtle. And he has friends too - Owl, Bear, Rabbit, Goose, Beaver... I still don't quite get why Franklin is the only one that actually has a name... but whatever.
Anyhow, for some stupid reason - probably just to shut the little guy up, errrr, quiet him down I mean, I gave him a yogurt drink. With a straw. Seriously. The kid is one. And he's a BOY. What in the hell was I thinking???!!!
So he's in the stroller, we're walking through the gardens, the weather is glorious, and life is pretty damn near perfect. Then I take a look at Michael. HOLY SHIT!!!!
The kid is COVERED in strawberry yogurt drink. And I mean COVERED!!!!
The stroller is COVERED in strawberry yogurt drink.
Did I say COVERED loud enough for you??
And then come the BEES!!! Like LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF BEES!!!!!
We walk a few more steps, and I'm trying to figure out just what to do about the situation cuz... did I mention that me, being mother of the year and all, forgot all my wipes in the car - which was back on the mainland - which is a 20-minute ferry ride away. On a ferry that only comes every half hour as it is. Oy. And my sister? Well, she only brought that one little 8-wipe sample pack that comes free with newborn swaddlers.
So here I am. Swarmed by bees, with a yogurt drenched kid & stroller, in the middle of a huge ornamental garden attraction.
I'm thinking I'm screwed.
And then we turn the corner.

Seriously.
This sooo never happens in my life.
And, as always, you can see more photos of the day HERE.

9 comments:
That's hilarious. I always, ALWAYS forget the wipes. And an extra nappy. And a change of clothes. Whatever.
OK, as always, you managed to make me laugh out loud!
HYSTERICAL!!!!! Oh how that would happen to me as well... Except my kid? Would also have an explosive diaper. Sigh.
Which might potentially keep the bees away with its stench.
I don't think I could ever take Little Man to Centre Island if I came back to Toronto. Since, uhm... I lost my cherry there and all. What? too much information for a comments section?
This is a hilarious story----can just picture you running with kids and swatting bees!!! Sure hope you were fast enough to avoid the stings!!!
Grandma
That's hysterical!! We went to a small toddler amusement park Monday. Not only did I forget to bring the bag from my car with wipes and snacks, I totally forgot to put sunscreen on my kid before we left the house. Thankfully, the friends I was with had sunscreen and extra stuff. I? Mother of the Year, too :)
Since I am such an awesome mom, I would abandoned my kids when the bees came.
TGFS - thank God for sprinklers!
Gee, your sister is really cute.
(umm.. who said that?)
It wasn't me either. Who's stalking my child?!!!!!!!!
BB
Too cute and funny I totally used to do that pretty much regularly when my kids were little!
I didn't know Franklin was a Canadian thing we have always watched him too. Madison still likes him
Post a Comment