Yup, I finally made it to 300 (published) posts! I've got like 370-some odd if you count all those that I started, and never got around to finishing. Not entirely unlike many university courses I enrolled in. And that, my friends, is why I am not a brain surgeon today. GAH, who am I kidding. With those hours? No thanks.
But speaking of doctors, and injured feet, I have to tell you... my foot still hurts. And I mean more, MUCH MORE, than it did on the first day. In fact, last night I was close to going to the ER. Really. It's all swollen and tender now. Yum.
But then, it was like 9:00 pm, and I was really tired, and the thought of being in a city hospital on a Friday night... yeah. I choose to take a few Alleve's and chance gangrene.
But on another note, when I first went to the doctor, a walk-in I might add, the guy on duty was this lovely Jewish man - young too, like early 30's - but he had the worst teeth I've ever seen!!!! I mean, first off, strange for a Jewish man to have bad teeth. Hell, most everyone I know would sell their first born to pay for proper orthodontic work on their remaining kids, but.. but... This guy is a DOCTOR!!!! I mean, even if his parents were piss poor and couldn't provide for him, HE certainly has SOME money now. And being a General Practioner, he deals with the public on a daily basis. It was all I could do to listen to what he was telling me, when really, I just wanted him to open up a little wider so I could see just how many teeth he had growing BEHIND that first row. Yeah, really. It was that bad.
And to show you how discombobulated my mind is this morning - if must be the pain medication - I am thinking of a conversation I had with my sister yesterday.
Do you sample the grapes in the grocery store before you buy them?
Really. Do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I ALWAYS sample the grapes before purchasing. Is that a bad thing? I thought everyone did that!
Martine
my FIL does... lol So there is two people so far that sample them..
I hope your feet heal up quickly.. I feel so bad for you.. OUCH!
I watch other people sample them, then I study their face, if they make a sour face then that's good enough for me and I go on to the bananas.
BB
Because of my mother I feel like I'm stealing if I sample the grapes so no I don't.
Um the teeth thing.....GP's don't make as much as some people think but yes they make a pretty good living, enough they should be able to get his teeth fixed especially if working in such a public job.
Maybe he vame here from England as a child (to explain away the lack of an accent.) They aren't so keen on orthodontics over there. And the English readers better not deny it, it's true.
I don't sample the grapes. But I did when I was a kid.
Everyone should be given free dental work and a smile makeover--would go a long way to boosting self confidence :)
Hope the foot is better!!
Congrats on 300 published posts!!
I don't sample grapes before buying--my Gram does :)
I don't sample them but I always squeeze one. I like my grapes firm.
I never sample grapes before buying them...I think it's gross! They haven't been washed and I have no idea how many other hands have been all over them. I also think it's stealing, so that's another reason.
I hope your foot is starting to feel better by now.
I don't sample the grapes before buying them. I just look at them and make sure they are fresh and not smushy or brown.
I don't sample them because they haven't been washed and it freaks me out. My mother always did, until I saw an episode of Oprah years ago called something like "Are you a thief?" and one of the things they mentioned is that every year, grocery stores lose millions of dollars in produce to people's sampling. But whichever one of you does sample shouldn't feel bad. Oprah admitted she did too!
And congrats on your 300th post!
I don't sample because it feels like stealing, I worked in a supermarket when I was 16 and we were told to look out for people sampling and they would be charged for what they had samples, that put me off forever.
Okay, so perhaps these people who say they don't sample the grapes really don't, or they just don't want others to know that they do.
My mother said she didn't, but my father said he does.
The thought about how many other people touch the grapes - yeah, I didn't really WANT to think about that, but now that you mention it....mabye I will be like Barbara and just watch other people's faces when they sample!
Hope your foot feels better soon - have a grape, it will make it feel better!
Hell yes, I sample/steal a grape (since it was my origibal question).
I'm not about to spend $5 on a bunch only to discover they're sour when I get home. I expect QUALITY from my local store and if I have to sample to ensure so, then so be it.
By the way - the group on my blog HEAVILY denies sampling. Yeah, you're all saints.
I always WANTED to sample the grapes but didn't. Can I, really? I was always afraid I'd get in trouble. Apparently, I am five.
Post a Comment