
Okey doke... because this update is so painfully late, and Michael's is technically due in two days (yeah, right!) this one is going to be a little bit different... like as lame as lame can be. Kinda on par with my blogging as of late. I don't know what's up with me, but I just haven't been in the mood these days... and it's not because I don't want too, it's just because, well... I dunno why. Perhaps the 8:30 bedtime. Perhaps because it's so stinkin' hot up on the third floor where my computer is, that I just sweat buckets every time I sit down. Whatever... I'm here now.
That all said, this is going to be a point-form update. No flowery antedotes. Just the facts.

Emma is officially growing up... She no longer requires the services of "ol' blanket" to go to sleep. Sure, she's happy if he joins her, but it's not absolutely necessary. Some nights she forgets about him all together. Nice. I hope when she grows up, and moves out to attend Harvard or Duke or whatever Ivy League school she chooses to go to, she doesn't forget about me!
She's peeing & poohing on the potty more & more, but still not enough that I can trust her to wear big girl underwear. And certainly not enough that her preschool won't boot her out come September if she doesn't step it up a notch. (Yes, yes, I am partially to blame. I know I don't ask enough if she has to go... but my God... you don't live with Michael. Ahhh... Michael....)
Overall nothing really that significant has happened in Month 31, say for Emma getting cuter and cuter with some of the things that come out of her mouth. And yeah... damn straight you're getting some examples!
=========
She went into the bathroom while Jeff was peeing the other day, and this is what I overheard:
E: Good job, Daddy!! Now you get gummy bears!!
And speaking of peeing, she's very concerned that I don't go in my underwear! Everytime she watches me get dressed and put on my panties, she's always sure to tell me, "Don't pee in your underwear, Mommy!". Uhh, okay. But no promises if you make me laugh too hard.
=========

E: I'm going to meet my friends on the bus. See ya lader!
A: When will you be home?
E: Wednesday.
=========
E: Actually, I would prefer to walk.
========
A: Uh-Oh... The car is making funny noises.
E: I made it laugh!
Then she offered to "look at it" for me. And informed me that she will fix it.
My daughter wants to be a mechanic? Dear God, clearly she was switched at the hospital.
=======

She "flies" everywhere. Seriously. Runs around everywhere, flapping her little arms in the air so she can be at one with the birds. At home, in the park, at the mall, everywhere. Except the other day when she had a band-aid on her middle finger. It seemed to throw off her balance and she was unable to fly with it on. Yes, really.
========
E: Knock Knock
A: Who's there?
E: Emma. Emma Abray.
E: Knock Knock
A: Who's there?
E: Banana.
(that's it... that's where her joke ends.)
======
She's suddently getting super friendly. This is awesome. She wants to know everyone's name. But in the case of adults, will often ask me to ask them for her. And depending on the adult asked, they may or may not look at me as though I'm a nut case.
=====
The other day we were in the video store renting some videos. Okay, DVD's. Does anyone still actually rent video's anymore? Anyhow, Emma often looks at the people around her and will ask me questions about them.
E: Mommy, why is that man wearing a hat?
E: Mommy, why is that lady eating a sandwich?
E: Mommy, why is that little girl crossing the street?
It was just a matter of time.
E: Mommy, what's on that lady's nose?
And I looked over. It was a HUGE ASS MOLE. And I mean HUGE in the HUGEST sense of the word.
I tried to ignore Emma.
E: MOMMY, WHAT IS ON THAT LADY'S NOSE?
She was relentless. I kept saying in a hushed voice, "I dunno..."
She must have asked fourteen more times, each time getting louder and louder and louder...
We rented Toy Story.
======

Whenever she's told no, that she isn't allowed to do something, however trivial it may be, she gets all upset and announces, "I NEVER GET TO DO ANYTHING!!!"
She's very curious to know who sings the songs she hears on the radio.
=====
She often will call her forts, made out of the pillows on either her bed or the sofa, her "office". Think her father works just a bit?!
Often she will invite Plab-blow, Tasha, Juaniqua, and the rest of the Backyardigans over for dinner. Same with Dora, Diego, and their friends. I always thought that in her imagination she would have viewed them as her size. Not so. I found out that she actually sees them as being little. And when I say little, I mean little like the size they appear to be on TV. Our 20 inch TV. And how do I know this? Well, she bent down to pick up Imaginary Plab-blow (Pablo) and held him oh-so-carefully in her two little cupped hands. That's how I know. Oh... and I think once Bubbie Barbara sat on Diego. Oops.

10 comments:
Cute too cute.....
I've had my kids ask the questions like the mole one before....yeah those are fun especially when the person hears them talking.
So what when you grabbed Toy Story that was it? Questions done?
And Emma... she's so freaking smart.
Toy Story? The being it? Oh no... I grabbed it and walked to the cash with her following me, STILL asking about the damn mole.
She is at such a cute age! Love the knock knock jokes!!
Kaylie tells me that she never gets to do anything too! Actually, I'm pretty sure she told me that yesterday after a weekend of going to dinner and the playground on Friday, the zoo all day on Saturday and to the pool on Sunday. It's sad how she never gets to do anything!
Great review!!! Emma must be so much fun to be around--and she has such an imagination!!!She's too cute for words. We miss you Emma.
Love Grandma & Grandpa
xxxooo
hey Alissa- I didn't have time to read the post- a zillion things to do and it is nearly 11 pm here- but I wanted to ask if y'all are really thinking of moving to Atlanta. if so, let me know. I would be happy to help you with any questions etc. my email is in my profile.
Hi Alissa - Really cute reading about Emma. My three year old is the same with the knock knock jokes - it's too funny!
Anyways, I just wanted to thank you so much for the Tapas book - I love it! I did a post about it last week and have been meaning to get over here since. Sorry! Anyways - it was a perfect choice and there are some fantastic recipes in there that I can't wait to try! I also liked the guide to eating tapas in Spain, as we'll be there in two weeks! :-)
Thanks again! Take care!
She is too freaking cute! Those curls, just absolutely beautiful!
And I hope my kids are half as sassy as she is, because she sounds like she's a hoot!
And do you get gummy bears too when Emma finds out you didn't pee in your panties?
OMG that was friggen hilarious at the who mole thing... I have tears in my eyes reading that one.. lol lol
Thanks for the laugh.. I needed that tonight!
I wish I could tell you that the knock knock jokes get better, but, well....maybe it's just my kid has no comedic talent.
Also, how's the whole yoga ball thing? I need an office chair when we move, and I have got to improve my posture (too much time carrying kids!). Has it gotten any easier??
Post a Comment