Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bear With Me...

I know, I've been the lousiest of lousy bloggers lately. Bear with me... more will be coming.

Couple reasons for the lack of posts.

1) I switched my desk chair, which was an ugly blue secretary style swivel chair with armrests and a height adjustment lever, to one of those enormously large yoga balls. Yes. That is what I did. Why? Cuz I'm a copy-cat of healthy in-shape people. You see, a friend of mine is a pilates instructor. And no, I've never done a pilates class in my life - though I'd really like to - but I went to her house and saw that she uses a ball to sit on at HER computer rather than a chair. It's supposed to help with you leg muscles, posture, stomach muscles.. all that good stuff.

So I went to my basement and dug out my enormous yoga ball. The one I bought as a "birthing ball" for Emma. The one that I have NEVER used. Cuz as I quickly found out that when having hard contractions for 7 hours, no ball is going to replace an epidural.

Anyhoo... now I'm sitting on a ball. It's not easy, my back hurts, and it's quite uncomfortable to keep my feet planted firmly on the ground at all times.

2) Michael.

3) Still Michael. No offense to my one and only male child, but that kid can be tough. He's completely adjusted my schedule. I used to do all my blog writing, web stalking - errr, surfing - in the wee hours of the night. Now for the past few weeks, little MickNew has become an early riser. And when I say early, I mean to the tune of 5:00 am. Every. Single. Morning. That's right. He goes to bed promptly at 8:00 pm, up at 5:00 am. That means that lately, he goes down at 8:00, Emma goes down at 8:30, and I go down at 8:45. Seriously. No more prime time television for me. Thank God he waited till the end of the American Idol season before he started this routine.

4) And more Michael. He's a needy one, that little guy (as Emma calls him). I get about an 45 mintues to an hour in the morning where he allows me to pop him in front of Baby Einstein so I can go online, pooh, shower, and get dressed. And then he wants me to hold him.

And there you have it.

I'm tired. Very, very tired.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's probably teething. Mine always screws up the schedule and becomes more demanding when he's teething. Maybe he needs a birthing ball too. Or an epidural.

my4kids said...

Catwoman is funny....
I agree though its quite possible he is teething or starting a growth spurt. Fortunatly if it is one of those most likely he will go back to closer to his old routine eventually. Mine always screwed up the schedule when teething or a big growth spurt but pretty much went back to normal after. Good luck.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I agree with Catwoman and my4kids. Teething or growth spurt or maybe both. Maybe you should try making his bedtime a little later and see if that helps.

Tonya said...

yeah maybe he is teething.. sitting on a yoga ball eh?? Oh sounds interesting and very uncomfortable.. glad to see you post though! Hope you get some more rest :)

Barbara said...

Ok, you can take a break, I'll be your ghost writer. I can take over till Michael cuts those teeth. I'll write things like how Emma saw the Gardner and told him to clean up the leaves in your back yard, and how Michael grabbed hold of Nacoma (the Husky)and went flying down the hall, oh, I forgot to tell you that's how he got the little bruise on his head. Sorry.
BB

Emma in Canada said...

Wait! You told me it's because of Facebook! Apparently, Sophie chews on chalk while I blog. Oops. Better go wash that out of her mouth.

And 5am! I would die. Or pretend I didn't hear her crying.

M said...

Ahhhh. My son's always been an early rising rotten creature. I'm sorry you're tasting it. He now sleeps until 6am and after 18 months of 5am this feels like a luxury! I hope this little phase passes quickly!

And the yoga ball, well, hell. I considered using mine for my desk for similar reasons (though mine DID get used during back labor hell with Liam! No time with Lily!) but alas. It's too short for my desk. Or my ass is too heavy and weighs it down.

Whatever the reason I'm glad you're using yours. Brilliant use for after the fact! (because cod knows I wouldn't do, you know, yoga or something wise with it!)

Anonymous said...

Okay, it is not the teething thing... That may be a contributing factor but he is a BOY and boys cling to their mommies like crazy. My life has been that way for 4 years. However, it is getting much better, for instance I get a good night sleep! In time you will have one too!
M