Okay. I'm back.
Already bored by Facebook. I mean, the concept is great... but it's just not me. It felt like a new job where I didn't quite fit in. Turns out I don't really care to know that much about people I was friends with in high school. What they do for a living? Sure. What they do every minute of every day? Not so much. If I did, I'd have stayed friends with them.
To know me is to know that I'm an extremist. In pretty much everything I do. So when I say "enough", I generally mean it.
When I decided back when I was 15 that I wanted to become a vegetarian, it was immediate. No meat, chicken, fish, or eggs for the next twenty years. That only ended when I got pregnant with Michael and a stupid McDonald's cheeseburger got the best of me.
When I was a smoker, I was a SMOKER. Minimum of a pack a day.
When I quit smoking, I became a complete bitch of an anti-smoker. Poor Jeff. So sucks to be him.
After I quit smoking and gained 25 lbs, I joined Weight Watchers. I got so into the program that I didn't eat without weighing my food. I even measured my wine consumption to only a quarter cup. I switched from wine to beer because a bottle of beer has only 3 points, whereas a 1/4 cup of wine has two. Beer. More bang for your buck. And now... well, now I love beer.
I used to bring my sliding WW scale to the grocery store and calculate the points on EVERYTHING before I would purchase it, let alone eat it.
In fast food restaurants, I would make sure I got the nutritional information leaflet so I could figure out how many points a single french fry had before I would order. God forbid indulge in the ketchup.
Needless to say, I was pretty skinny at the end of it.
But once it's done, it's done. Tried to get back on WW and just couldn't get into it again. I eat meat, chicken, fish, and eggs all day. Everyday. Can't fathom how I lived without it for so long.
And now, well now it's all about wheat. For a person that has lived on bagels for years, I haven't touched one in about 5 months. Hell, I haven't touched ANY wheat in that time. I've actually kinda convinced myself that I'm allergic and should I so much as have a nibble... well, I could very possibly keel over and drop dead on the spot.
When I go to What-A-Bagel and buy hot fresh Montreal bagels for my family, they have to ride in the back. Cuz... what if... what if my hand happens to find it's way into the bag... there's no telling where that could lead. Kinda like having one puff of a cigarette. Just can't do it.
Anyhow, all that said, Passover is gonna be really easy for me this year... except that my mother makes a damn fine matzoh ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
There's nothing wrong with being anal retentive. I looked it up...
The term is often used in a derogatory sense to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the so-called anal-retentive person.
I do make a fine matzoh ball soup, thank you.
BB
Oh, no update. Alrighty then, I'll find something else to do.
Seriously, write something!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment