
First off, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all... oops. Wrong speech. Rather, I'd like you all to notice that Michael's recap is ONLY TWO DAYS LATE!!! Record, I know. And no. That does not, in any way, mean I like him more than Emma.
This is going to be short, and not just because he's short. Oh no.. because so very much has happened this month, but it's all stuff that can be summed up quick & easy. Yes, you should thank me.

But before I get into that, I've got to tell you just how much Emma cracks the little guy up. She'll look at him, say something completely out of nowhere. Something like "CHICKEN!!" And he'll bust a gut laughing.
Other times, he'll spit his food at her during mealtimes, and the two of them will just howl with laughter.. I don't get it. But then, I'm the one who has to clean it up.

He's starting to become a total real little person! No longer just a ball of mushy fat that I can leave propped up against wall, and occasionally walk by and wipe away the drool that gathers at the corners of his oft-open mouth. No... he now has interests! Real interests!! Like lights! And music! And toys that do things! And his weiner!! Dear God, how this kid LOVES his weiner!!
HOWEVER... Big HOWEVER... sleeping is still a major issue. Or, more accurately, lack of sleeping. On a regular basis, Michael is still up no less than SIX TIMES a night. He is still sleeping in our bed. Has actually NEVER slept in his crib yet. Okay, to let you in on the sad pathetic truth, we still haven't gotten around to even setting up his bedroom. The plan was - is - eventually - for Emma to move into her big girl bed (aka, the guest room bed) and Michael to move into her crib. Well, Emma is still in her crib and I kinda like her there. She's happy, not jumping out, not leaving in the middle of the night to get gummy bears from the kitchen. It's still working for me. Although I'm finally starting to warm to the idea of at least painting Michael's room. It does seem only right, dontcha think?
I should also mention that he's weighing in at a healthy 20.6 lbs. Yes, I'm sharing this information because all those baby books still have yet to arrive.

The only thing that is actually making me want to kick him out of my bed is that I continue to be his own personal human pacifier. It sucks. Or, more accurately, he sucks. Me. Raw.
I've also got to let the little guy know just how great of a big sister Emma is turning out to be.. Like, if he's crying she'll often turn to me and say, "What's the matter with my brodder?" Or she'll just pat him on the head and tell him, "It's okay, little guy." Just yesterday we were in the mall, and Michael's sleeve had come down, covering his hand. Emma was sitting next to him in the double stroller and actually, very quietly, was working on pulling his sleeve up for him. Freakin' adorable. She'll even share her toys with him, provided he doesn't try to eat them. And she also helps clean up his barf.
Okay... here goes. Here are the BIG ACHIEVEMENTS of Month Eight:
February 26 - Michael CRAWLED!! Backwards, but he CRAWLED!!!
March 4 - Michael WAVED!!!
March 8 - Michael CLAPPED!!! (I mean really clapped... again & again & again)
March 9 - Michael can get from a sitting position to on all four's!!!

March 10 - Michael is entering the Iron Man competition for push-ups!!!

I forgot how great this age is. He is finally making that transformation from being just a dust collector to a REAL LIVE PERSON. And I really, really, REALLY like him.
If you care to see some more photos, click HERE.
If you care to see those same photos in the fancy, they-look-better-this-way-slideshow, click HERE.

4 comments:
Just peeked--never dreaming there would be a Michael post, and there it was!!! You're spoiling us mommy. He's just too cute, and has accomplished so much this month.Looking at Michael just makes me want to grab him up, and eat him---those eyes are something else!!!
Missing All Of You
Grandmaxxxooo
Congrats for Michael's 8th month and Emma's 28th! And for you too...I love your way of writting. The kids look great.
As I told here once (of course you won't remember cause you probably have too many comments and readers) my kids are almost the same age as yours and I'm also 24h mom, so it is nice to read someone else's experience.
Have a great weekend!
I don't mean to brag about my son, your brother, and Michael's Uncle Adam, but.....Adam actually broke the world record for push ups!!!
BB.
wow I cant believe how big he is getting.. and the pics are brilliant.. that iron man one made me howl.. lol And emma.. wow is she getting big as well. our little ones are growing up so fast!!
Post a Comment