Friday, December 01, 2006

Blacked Out

IMG_5312 bw

Tonight Michael & Emma experienced their first ever blackout. What with all the wicked weather we've had today (pounding rain, but still no snow & relatively mild, considering), the blackout wasn't all too surprising. The thing with blackouts is you never know just how long they're going to last. I mean, we all remember the one a few years ago... y'know, the big one that wiped out the ENTIRE Eastern seaboard? The one that caused a huge baby boom cuz hell... they wasn't anything else to do.

So tonight we had one. It started at 5:00 pm. Just before I was going to get dinner on the stove. And the big kicker is that I actually had not one, but TWO dinners prepared. One being a huge homemade chicken soup (Jeff & I both have colds), and the other being a hearty meat sauce for some pasta. Both good options. Both requiring heat. At 6:15 I said to hell with it, and ordered a pizza. Not that anyone in our house NEEDS pizza. Christ, my kids don't even LIKE pizza. You're thinking that Michael would probably LOVE pizza, right? Remember people... it's the wheat... When I eat wheat, we ALL suffer. Of course, the pizza arrives, and two minutes later the lights come back on. And that, my dear readers, is the story of my life. Did I mention it was cold?

Here is Michael, realizing he's experiencing his first ever blackout:

IMG_5329

On to other thigs... after the lights came back on, Michael & I were playing in my bed, and OH. MY. GOD. No... he didn't roll over. BUT he discovered his feet!!! My boy knows he has FEET!

IMG_5355

And yesterday he figured out that he can actually play with the toys that hang above his head for so many hours of so many days:

IMG_5237

IMG_5248

Last week he also discovered his weiner. Jeff wouldn't let me take a photo. It's not like I was going to post it...

4 comments:

Tonya said...

oh I remember the blackout.. didn't sleep for days (because I couldn't use my sleep apnea machine without power) it was a nightmare... I totally love the pics!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos---glad your power outage was short-lived!!! Talked to Emma today,& we got our " I Love You" fix for another week.
Grandma & Grandpa

Emmakirst said...

The pics are too cute. I love your comment at the bottom. haha.

Barbara said...

If I promise not to call anyone stupid will you stop censoring me?
You're going to censor that aren't you, fine, I'll comment on your son's weiner. It's big.