Monday, December 04, 2006

Help!

So I would very much like to put this little weather chick in the sidebar of my blog, but for the life of me, can't figure out just how in the hell to do it.

Can anyone please help??!!

The WeatherPixie

And on that note, I'm having the same problem with my Flickr badge. Not that you can see it cuz it's stuck on the very bottom of the page. How oh how do I get it to appear on the right hand side, in a nice, orderly fashion?

One more thing... I'd also like to include a list of blogs that I read on a regular basis... how do I do that???!!!!

Ugh.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Hmmm, I don't use Flickr or an Avatar, but I think you have to put all those in your HTML coding. That's what I do--if there's an easier way, I don't know. As for the list of blogs, if you go to blogrolling.com, you can sign up and add them there. It will give you a URL to put in your blog.

By the way--that picture below with the johnny jumper is hysterical!

Emmakirst said...

Like Karen said, do that, when you go to your template look for the links part and take the code you get from blogrolling and past it there. What I do i usually preview it before I make any permanent changes. It's a pain in the ass.

alissa said...

I have the HTML code, but can't for the life of me figure out where to place it in the template/links part you're talking about. It's beyond frustrating for me! In other words, what should I be looking for it to 'say' to get it to appear on the left side of my page, under all the archives? Or hell, even above the archives!

Emma in Canada said...

Go to beta...it's way easier. Everything just goes, there's no messing about with the template and all that computer speak crap.

alissa said...

Can I use my same template if I switch to beta?

After going beta, can you go back?

And really... what is the big difference between the old skool version & beta?

Karen said...

I don't think you can switch back once you go to beta, but you use your same template and you don't have to change anything. The only way I know how to put it in is in the template tab. All the HTML coding is there, and near the bottom you can drop in your URL from blogrolling. You have a choice of where to put it, but I put it under the blog member profile. It says End #profile-container (it won't let me post the whole HTML code on your comments).

I'm probably making this more complicated than it has to be, so maybe someone else knows a simpler way. :)

Emma in Canada said...

You can take a tour, is what I think they say and if you decide not to use it you don't have to go any further.