So Esther has a brand new baby brother. Esther, for those of you who don't know, is Emma's BFF, and she also happens to be obsessed with Michael.
After little Zachary came home, Esther looked at him and so proudly declared, "MY Baby Michael. NOT Emma's Baby Michael, but MY Baby Michael!"
Clearly, the competition between girls is starting earlier than even I thought possible. Oy... I can only imagine when they're 15 and it's over the cute guy in art class!
===================
No need to hate me any longer. Yesterday Emma, Michael & I made Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins & Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. It was a bakin' kinda mornin' in our household while we let Big Daddy sleep off a late night of fun with the boys. Emma's LOVES to help out baking - she's responsible for lining the muffin tins with the paper cups and dumping all the ingredients in the bowl. I stupidly let her stir all the dry ingredients with the big wooden spoon. Of course, they ended up all over the floor... Go figure. Swift one, Alissa. (If Emma can get away with talking in 3rd person, so can I.) I shoulda grabbed the camera, but no... I had a floor full of flour, sugar, oats... (She also got a great kick out of cracking her first egg!)
But anyhow, back to NOT hating me any longer.. After all my treats were made the house smelled delicious. Again, go figure. And I couldn't help myself...
1) I said to hell with the Colic Diet and had not only one muffin, but four cookies. All chocked full of wheat. Michael wasn't as pleased with the baked goods and not only projectile vomited all over the house all day long, but also screamed like a banshee (what is a banshee and just how do you spell it?) for HOURS and HOURS. And some more HOURS.
2) I stood on the scale this morning. Apparently it, too, was not a fan of the muffin & cookies. Or maybe it was the TWO gigantic cheeseburgers I had for dinner... Even Jeff was only able to eat one.
3) The seven-hour sleep was a one-off. He hasn't done it since. Back to nursing every three hours overnight, and every two during the day...
Do you like me again?? Sorry for being so cocky... I do that sometimes. Okay, often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
For the record, everytime Emma took a bite of a cookie and said "Auntie Lori's cookie", I quickly gobbled it up. Unfortunately, what you didn't see, was her grab at about 7 more cookies later that day... of which I had to finish off.
I, too, amd feeling slightly larger this morning. Thanks.
Oh - and after seeing (and tasting) the peameal bacon you made for Jeff, I HAD to go and buy some for Bill this morning. Fortunatley for him, I was still reeling from the effects of yesterday's muffins and cookies that I didn't eat any of the bacon.
Back from our vaca in Canada and it is so refreshing to come back and read your posts.. too funny!! I want the cheesburgers.. lol At least your a mommy who bakes.. geez I need to be a betty crocker!! lol
Post a Comment