This time it was Emma's turn. That's right... Little Miss Emma had her first salon experience! Yesterday, Saturday afternoon no less, Emma went to the sa-lon!
You see, Jeff was going for his monthly cut and I was going for my monthly wax. We've both been going to this place for years - for some reason they really like us - one of those places where, even at their busiest, they always manage to squeeze us in. Gotta love that. They also give us great prices - far below the published ones. Really love that. Anyhow, we decided a few weeks ago that it was due time Emma got straightened up, she was starting to look a little haggard if you know what I mean. Kinda scraggley (clearly I don't know how to spell that - sound it out, would ya).
She hadn't napped, and was getting testy. I took her to Starbucks while Jeff was in the chair, and we met up when he was done. I hadn't told her she was going under the proverbial knife cuz I was frightened she was going to have a shit fit, a real conniption in every sense of the word. And if you've seen that side of Emma you know to be afraid. Very afraid. We call that personality "Angry Emma". Kinda like when she was in my womb and we went for the gender ultrasound and her legs were wide open and there was no doubt she was female. At that point, we were worried she was going to be called "Easy Emma". Okay, I'm way off topic now...
Because we are so very frightened of our eldest offspring, we decided to start the cut in a casual way, just standing in front of the salon, by the receiption area. Angie, the stylist, just chit-chatted with her and snipped away. To everyones surprise, it was going great! I mean, two seconds prior this same kid blew a gasket when her balloon left her hand for a nanosecond (it was attached to the stroller and she knew that). After a few more snips, I asked if she wanted to go sit in a chair - like a big girl - (yeah, like she cares sooo much about being a 'big girl' at 23 months old). But she did!! She made herself right at home with the other ladies who lunch. And she fit right in. Made charming small talk & everything. Kept saying "Emma Hair Cut, Daddy Hair Cut..."
At the end, my kid got her first Dorothy Hamill hair-do. I think it's a right of passage for little girls everywhere. On par with your first period, first kiss, first time. First Dorothy Hamill.
You can check her out here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Emma--you never cease to amaze us. I would never have guessed that you would sit still for a haircut--especially at 23 mos. & in the big chair. You just seem so ahead of your years. I just know you're always going to love the "salon scene"! Your haircut is so cute & I love you so much. Grandma xxxooo
I am sooo jealous of all those pictures. William took Saoirse for hers and did not tell me he was doing so, so no pics at all.
Very cute. I'm glad her first haircut went so well.
I understand what you mean about being frightened of your eldest child, it doesn't get better.
Love MUM
BB.
Post a Comment