Friday, September 08, 2006

Girlfriends


IMG_0322
Originally uploaded by 2XA.
Once or twice a week, every week, Emma gets together with her BFF Esther. Usually they go to the park. Like all toddlers, for the longest time they just played side by side, but not actually together. Starting last week they actually started play WITH each other, not just NEXT to each other. I can't even begin to tell you how cool this was to watch. They were playing in the water, absolutely cracking each other up. Laughing hysterically as they ran in and out of the sprinklers. Emma yelling, "Efhter all wet! Efther all wet!!"

Yesterday, they were playing in the sand, again together. Dumping sand on their own heads and laughing like little hyina's in the sty. Fortunately Bubbie was babysitting last night so I casually suggested she bathe Emma... (ha ha ha)

Today we all got to the park at the same time. First thing Emma does is look at Esther.

Emma: "Efther new shoes!!"

Sure enough... that's my daughter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is the first time I'm leaving a comment, but I found your blog a couple of months ago, I guess some days or a week before you gave birth. I love reading it and you have a very good way to write. I'm living a similar situation, now I'm 36 wks pregnant and my daughter is 21 months old, so I'm learning from you. We just put her in the new bed this weekend, and so far she is enjoying the new experience. Good luck to you with the new bed. You seem to have sweet kids, and to be a great mom. And keep writing!!!
Have a wonderful week!!