Monday, July 03, 2006

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

IMG_0546 2 Wk 38

The morning of my 38th week & I dared to stand on the scale. Granted I do this daily, rain or shine, first thing in the morning - after a pee, and before any food or liquid has entered my body. I strip down to nothing, not even a hair scrunchy, wedding band, or watch. Nothing to provide for any excuse that would potentially cause a single ounce more than what's already there. And what's already there is plenty.

I came out of the bathroom quite distressed. Not entirely surprised, mind you, because I've been eating like a horse on acid. Turns out this kid loves chocolate just as much as I do. Should he come out brown, again I won't be entirely surprised. I will, however, have alot of explaining to do.

A: I'm now officially a middle-weight.
J: How much?
A: 141.6 lbs.
J: Looks like we're going to have to get a new bed... A stronger one.
A: Yeah, like you'll be getting lead in your pencil tonight.

Then Jeff stood on the scale... turns out he's officially a heavy-weight. (HAHAHA!)

After lots of talk about Weight Watchers & salads, we decided on Greek for dinner. And had two, yes TWO, orders of fried cheese. Ummmm Ummmm Good! Watch out, 145 here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy Oy you are a big girl!!! Yup Emma-your little brother really is in there!!!What an adorable picture.
Grandma

Tonya said...

I love the picture!! God I wish I weighed as much as you and your 38 weeks pregnant.. I think you look great girl!! It wont be long now.. how exciting!!

Emma in Canada said...

Ha! I wish I weighed what you do. I could say terribly nasty things about you but I shall refrain.