So it seems that my child has become a parrot. All of a sudden we have to watch all our shits & damns & fucks. I never thought I really swore that much, but now that I'm so keenly aware, it turns out I have quite the potty mouth (Jeff's words). Not that HE'S one to talk. Christ, you should hear him when he's on a business call. But that's another blog entirely. Well, no, it's not. It would make for a pretty boring entry.
Some of the ridiculously cute things that have happened this month...
Emma has starting 'sneezing'. Whether it's her, Jeff, or someone in the grocery store check out line, if there's a sneeze to be heard (and sometimes even if there isn't), Em jumps in with a very loud "Iiiiiiiiiiii-DO!!!!" ("Ah-CHOOOO!") It's the most adorable thing you could ever hope to hear come out of such a little bugger. And I mean 'bugger' in the most innocent of ways.
While we would visiting her grandparents in Mobile, one morning Charlene was coming down the stairs and Emma actually greeted her with a smile and a "Mornin'!" Yet she still won't say "please" or "thank you". Go f'in figure. Oh yes, we went on a little Southern trip that I have yet to blog about... and yes, we've been home for weeks. Gimme a break. I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and quite frankly, not so much in the blogging mood.
This is cute. And weird too. I don't know where she got it, but while we were down south Emma started talking in a "deep throat" voice. What do I mean? Reach into the deepest, darkest place in your vocal capacity, and let out an "EMMMA" or a "MOMMY" and you'll see what I'm talking about. She & I actually had our very first laugh-out-loud-girls-moment-on-the-bed doing deep throat voices of all the words Emma knows. Really bonding... the kind of bonding a kid could only get with a mother like me.
At the zoo in Gulf Shores, she walked away from every animal with an oh-so-polite "b-bye". Good thing the kid doesn't form attachments - that could be devestating.
Fear is not a factor for Emma. She went wading in the Gulf of Mexico (Mobile Bay), and had the time of her little life. Small waves would come in, bring her down to her knees, and she'd bounce up ready for the next one.. Truly, who IS this kid??? Shame for her that her parents were so woefully unprepared for the occassion that there was not a towel, or even a change pad, to be found. Poor kid has to get naked on the beach, and mopped clean with diaper wipes and the emergency undershirt. Uhhh... going to the beach. Think we'll need to bring anything special?
Yet another antic that I can't explain... Emma has started acting out the "I've fallen & I can't get up" commercial from LifeAlert way back when. Which would be quite comical if she were actually around in the '90s, but since not, it's just plain creepy. She'll be doing whatever - playing with her megablocks, reading a book, practicing her penmanship - and out of nowhere, she'll fall backward on the fall and yell out "I DOWN, I DOWN"!!! So, she's either been here before, so she's been sneaking into our room late at night and watching old western shoot-em-up knock-em-down movies. SHE DOWN, SHE DOWN.
Emma is a very aggressive sharer. I mean, if there were an extreme sport for sharing, she'd qualify. Christ, she could probably even make it on Jack Osbourne's show. She's THAT extreme. God help you if you decline her offer of a soggy cookie, bagel bit, or cold noodle. She'll just keep shoving it in your mouth till you have no other option but to open wide and enjoy. She's a pain in the ass about it, but at least she's persistant enough to get what she wants.
And lastly, she STILL doesn't know her colours. You're EIGHTEEN MONTHS OLD, kid. Get with the program. This is RED... This is BLUE...
Ummm... any idea how old you're supposed to be when you can identify colours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
Post a Comment