Saturday, March 18, 2006

She Lived!

So in a last-minute rememberance of St. Patrick's day, and Jeff's hankering for a beer, we decided to go out for a Guiness this afternoon. At a pub! Well, Jeff had a Guiness, and I had a Beck's Near-Beer. Never again. I've never felt the urge to use this word before, yet I can't think of one better for the experience, but that shit's rank. Yes, rank. Even Emma turned her nose up at it.

As we sat down, Jeff looked at Emma and ever-so-matter-of-factly said, "It's been a long time since you've have a beer." Like she was 26. Not 16 months. But considering her fondness for the brew in her early months, it really had been awhile...

But back to my story... Emma, not content to sit in any one place for any length of time, decided to get up and check out the place. And sure enough didn't she find the big gumball machine... You know the kind, the type you normally see in the deader sections of crappy malls, and often at your neighbourhood Midas Muffler Shops. The type with like ten difference choices of gum, candies, jelly bellies, and chocolates. A quarter will get you a small, and often stale, handful.

J:
A: What did you get her?
J: Just some Smarties.
A:
A: Mmmm... K'I have one?
J: Sure..
A: AGH!!! It's a Reese's Pieces!

We both stop and just look at Emma. She looks fine. No break outs, no wheezing, no gasping for air.

J: Give her another!

So she had two Reese's Pieces today and didn't die.

And just so I have it in writing, this does not give anybody the right to give my child peanut butter!

No comments: