Thursday, March 09, 2006

Girls Day Out


Yesterday Emma & I went to the Fantasy Fair with Connie & Tegan. It's an amusement park inside a mall - think West Edmonton Mall, but on a much, MUCH smaller scale. Nevertheless, when you don't know what you're missing... That said, I think Emma had one of the best days of her entire little life! Tegan had a great time too - which surprised me considering she got back from Disney World just last week! Here I thought she'd turn her nose up at the whole thing, all the while thinking "lame, lame, lame" to herself.

As soon as Emma laid her eyes on the Merry-Go-Round, I think the kid thought she had died and gone to land of eternal colourful horses. With all the dinging that sounded everytime the ride would start, and her "naying" her little head off, she truly didn't know what to do with herself. And bitch that I am, showed her the fun then made her have a diaper change before she was allowed to jump aboard. Talk about one pissed off little camper! Fortunately Connie oinked & sang various national anthems throughout the change and that got her giggling.

Finally it was time to ride the horses. I honestly can't believe she didn't shit herself. (Oh wait... that came later..) This is one fast-moving Merry-Go-Round! Put it this way, Connie couldn't go for a second run... TWO HOURS LATER!

We did the ferris wheel, the spinning cup things, and rode the train. But these all paled in comparison to the beloved horses that went up & down, up & down oh so fast and made me one dizzy fatty.

And then we entered the Play Village!

You have never, EVER seen two little girls freak out like Emma & Tegan! They were beside themselves happy! Running, climbing, up & down, over & out. (Roger, 10/4 Good Buddy.) The slides, oh my God, the slides. Emma let out her first "WEEEEE"! down the tunnel slide. The thing went so fast she left sparks behind her.

Then there was some pooh, some lunch at a big girls restaurant, a few tears, some ice cream (no more tears), then back for one last horse ride...

After five hours of non-stop excitement (and no nap!), the girls kissed each other good-bye (really - it was too cute!) and then Emma passed out the second she got in the car.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds amazing, absolutly amazing!!!!
I want to go with you next time!!!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign it,

B.B.

Anonymous said...

Aaahhhh the pleasures of fairs and amusement parks. Just wait until the cotton candy starts. You will get to pick sticky pick fluff from Emma's 2000 parts.

LA

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Fico score balance transfer How to get rid of adult acne paxil Security monitoring systems pc Side efects taking lipitor Dallas vicodin