Thursday, March 23, 2006

Apparently The First Time Is A Big Deal



Hmph. Who knew? Mine was pretty forgettable.

So I gave Emma her first hair cut. It was a whim. I didn't consult with Jeff. And yes, based on his less-than-pleased reaction I probably should have. Although, had I done so he would have said "Absolutely Not" and the poor kid would have been stuck with a mullet forever.

Fine, the mullet was cute, given that it held most of her little curls. And here I went & just chopped 'em off. Just like that. It was so easy. She was standing at the ottoman, watching Dora, and up behind her I came, scissors in hand, and went to town.

Of course, she noticed half way through and started moving. Big surprise. So the job isn't perfect but then I never did go to beauty school. Christ, I still don't know how to properly apply eyeshadow. Shading?? Contouring?? Blending?? These are all things I would know had I gone. And had I gone my kid wouldn't be walking around town with a half-assed hairdo. Fortunately for her, her hair still hasn't grown in the front so I didn't have to trim her bangs.

But just you wait, oh just you wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so... when are we taking emma to get her ears pierced???? Jeff will get over it fast. Especially when he sees how cute she will look!

M