Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just One More Person & It'll All Be Okay.

Last night I received one of those idiotic forwards, a stupid quiz where if you answer all the questions honestly & by God, don't scroll down before you do, you'll be in for the analysis of a lifetime. Who needs psychotherapy when in ten questions or less you can find out everything you need to know about your life, your sense of stability, your likes, dislikes, and dreams.

Of course, first thing I did was scroll to the bottom. This was a major break-through for me - normally I delete all forwards on sight. (Please keep that in mind if you're one of those people that send me forwards - particularly LARGE ones. I kinda hate that but I'm too polite to say anything about it. Unless you're my mother.) In any case it was late, I was bored, and it had just popped into my inbox as I was sitting there reading about Dooce's trip to Amsterdam.

At the bottom it read that if I were to make a wish & send the email to ten people within the hour, my wish would come true before my next birthday. So I looked at the list of people who also received the email. Then tallied up all the names.

Then issued this email to the sender:

A: Oh-Oh... You only sent this to NINE people. Looks like your next birthday is gonna suck.

And this was the response I received:

B: Alissa, you make your own luck in life.

Oh for fuck's sake... she thinks I'm serious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHO IS B????

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!!! You make your own luck by responding to stupid chain letters? Hahaha!!!

Bubbie B.