Mrs. Kokotsis, that is.
Can you belive that in just THREE DAYS my younger sister is getting married?!! It seems like just a few months ago that Bill proposed - it was, in fact, over a year ago that he got down on bended knee, not realizing he was standing on a ground of gravel rocks (ouch!) and popped the question. Finally... they've been dating for 6 years! Although, I must say, I never really knew Bill until after the engagement. And before I get into some big long drawn out story, I'll just say that I'm happy to know him & welcome him to our family. He's a great guy.
But that's not why I'm writing this post... I just felt kind of obliged to say some nice things about my sister's fiancee, is all.
And because this is MY blog, this story is actually about ME. In a roundabout way..
Last night was the rehearsal dinner. And with the rehearsal dinner came the wedding party's thank you gifts!! If you know me at all, you'll know that I LOVE receiving gifts!! Strange, I know. Even more exciting is when you've been hearing for months about just how amazing the gift you're about to receive is... about just how this gift is sooo amazing that it makes the gift I got Lori (a Tiffany's bracelet) look cheap... And here I'm thinking uh-huh, sure, whatever. That was when my mother said that comment. But then Jeff echoed it. So for months I've been on pins & needles, trying to look all cool and disinterested, but really absolutely dying to know just what was waiting for me on the other side...
And now the time had come...
After the dessert plates were cleared, out came the oh-so-pretty white gift bags (with black ribbon handles) - so clearly not the dollar-store variety. The kind you would re-gift with pride, head held high. All the 'maids eagerly dug into their bags (me with a little more verocity, but who would know?). One by one out came our wedding necklaces, bracelets, a compact, real diamond earrings (so pretty!), and then I had thing the other girls did not - the new Rolling Stones CD! Cool. But but but... that's great and all, but it's certainly not better than the Tiffany's bracelet thankyouverymuch. But I smiled nonetheless, and kept digging through the liliac tissue floating on the bottom of the bag. Did I miss something?? I must have.. I just must have.. It's got to be in here somewhere!!!!
L: You'll notice Alissa got something that nobody else did - the new Rolling Stone's CD.
A: Thank you, Lori. I love it!
L: I see you're still looking for something else in the bag... You know there's got to be more...
A: Ummm...
L: Well, how would you like to go see the Rolling Stones??
A: I'd love to!! (thinking that's great, but still... it was a Tiffany's bracelet, give me some credit!)
L: What do you think of front row?
A: FRONT ROW? REALLY?
L: No, not really. How would you like to be on stage with the band?
A: FUCK OFF!!!!!!! No, really... FUCK OFF!!!!!!
And so yes, my Tiffany's bracelet gift was lame.
But who the fuck cares - I'M GOING TO BE ON STAGE WITH THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!
And did I mention the real kicker - it's on my birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment