Okay, I can already forsee that this is going to be a problem. I like it here, in Victoria, way way too much. Damnit.
Exhibit A: Today Emma & I were driving around and sure enough, I got lost. Didn't help that she starting screaming bloody murder in the backseat and I had no mirror to see her. After awhile, I gave up & went into a pharmacy for directions back downtown. Not only did the pharmacist give me directions, he even went so far as to WRITE THEM OUT!!!! This may not seem like a big deal to you, but this is absolutely unheard of in my world! Actually, that's not entirely true.. several years ago I needed directions to somewhere while in Bracebridge & the storekeeper wrote them out for me. Please bear in mind, however, that Bracebridge is a town of like 35 people.
Many more Exhibits will follow at a later date, but for now let me tell you about our day. Our meaning mine & Emma as Jeff is still back East. Poor him. We had a glorious day at Butchart Gardens, 55 acres of flowers, trees, streams, and gardens. Rose gardens, Italian gardens, Japanese gardens, and Sunken gardens. That was my favourite. Surprisingly, I learned that I don't care to take photographs of flowers. Gorgeous as they are, I took very few pictures today. Some video, as I felt video did the grounds more justice than I could capture with my camera. I'm not blaming the camera as much as the photographer & lack of decent wide-angle lens (hint hint). In any case, flower photos are not my forte. I could get as much satisfaction from the White Rose catalogue. Emma stayed awake for the bulk of it, but nodded off toward the end... it was a long day. I had a veggie dog & a soft-serve twist cone. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment