Friday, June 10, 2005

New Market Segment Conquered


IMG_3990
Originally uploaded by 2XA.
Not to be one of 'those' mothers, but I'm gonna be. If only for a second. Maybe three. At this point I've pretty much gotten used to the paparazzi that comes along with going out with Emma. In the grocery store, the video store, the liquor store, you name it - people like her. It doesn't hurt that she's a smiler and now a waver (as of last week.. did I mention that?!) Anyhow, yesterday Em & I were taking a walk to return our absurdly late DVD - never did watch it - when we noticed a young guy, early 20's, sitting in a car on Yonge St. Clearly he was waiting for someone in the smoke shop.

Guy: "Hey... your kid is really cute."

Me: "Thanks."

And that was that.

I continued about my way, crossed Yonge, and returned my DVD (Kevin Bacon's latest indie release - drawing a blank on the name right now, but it's supposed to be good. I wouldn't know). On my way back home, the guy also crossed Yonge in the car (with his buddies now), pulled up alongside Emma & I and actually pointed her out to his friends!!

Guy (to friends): I saw that kid earlier - he's so cute.

Me: "Thanks."

Guy (to me): He's so alert.

Guy (all smiles, to Emma): You're so cute! Are looking at my Jay's cap?! You're so curious!

Then they carried about their way. They were on Yonge street after all.

Point is - Emma has captured the late teen/early twently MALE demographic, a slot usually reserved for flashy cars, rock stars, & sports heros. Pretty impressive for a baby girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »