Friday, April 01, 2005

Like, The Biggest Bathtub EVER!!!!

Last weekend, while my inlaws were in town, we took a trek up to Collingwood to check out the cottage they rented for the month of September. It's amazing!! I am so-o-o excited, just nervous that I will overstay my welcome. Likely they'll send me packing to the Thrift Lodge down the road, and keep little Em to themselves. I must say, I wouldn't blame them. Well... maybe, but just cuz it is a Thrift Lodge, after all. It's going to be a great summer!!! I'm going to try to be as good a guest as they are when they come to stay with us... now that won't be easy. I'd go into details, but it's 1:30 am & I have to move this post along.. The cottage is great - you can see the compound here - www.lighthousepoint.ca - they've got mountains on one side, and Georgian Bay on the other. What's not to love? Funny thing though... my in-laws just returned from a ski trip in Tahoe, so sure enough George kept referring to Blue Mountain as Blue Hill! Sadly, compared to Tahoe, our mountain really does look like a hill. But it's our Hill. And we like it.

After checking everything out, we decided to venture out even farther and before we knew it, it was dinner time and we were in Thornbury. What a cute little town! Should you ever find yourself there & in need of an excellent meal, get over to Fitzgeralds On The Pond - http://www.fitzgeralds.ca/ - it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time, and equally as good as any restaurant in the city. We had four different entrees, and all four of us were thrilled. My recommend - salmon in orange/ginger glaze. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Even better than the food, mind you, was the atmosphere. The place doubles as a bed & breakfast. So ridiculously quaint. I felt like Bob Newhart was about to walk through the door. Or at least Larry & the Darryl's. The Joanna equivalent saw that I was headed toward the restroom with my diaper bag and child in tow and directed me toward one of the upstairs bedrooms, to change her in comfort! When it was time to feed, I was allowed to go upstairs to relax on the big comfortable extra-wide over-stuffed chairs. Such luxury. So much better than trying to balance Emma on my knees while practically sufficating her under receiving blankets in case, god forbid, anyone should get half a glance of nipple when she pulls off in one of her frantic gestures signalling the end of dinner. How's that for a 5-star restaurant review? Did I mention our Polish server, who sounded just like a female Balki, was also excellent?? She recommended the Peaches & Cream Chicken. Next time. And now with my inlaws renting a place just minutes away, I KNOW I'll be back!

No comments: