Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Day of Firsts

IMG_1748

What a momentous day for little Emma! Jeff & I decided to take a long (for us) walk down to Starbucks for me to indulge in the guilty pleasure of my grande decaf, non-fat, low-foam, sugar-free vanilla latte. Yes, really. And side-note.. it was delicious. Since we were in the neighbourhood, and it was getting close to dinner time, we decided to walk a little further and take Emma to her first Swiss Chalet visit! As usual she slept straight through dinner and woke up only as I finished mine. I'm making a point to remember just how good of a baby she is just in case she's not so great of a teenager (agh!).

Emma wasn't the only one to have a momentous day - I actually fed her right in the first booth of the restaurant, at 6:00 pm on a Sunday - full family hour!

After dinner came the much longer walk home. And now the sun had long gone down and it was bloody FREEZING!! Hopping in a cab wasn't an option as we had no carseat. That left the bus. Yes, the bus. Who would have thought that on a Sunday evening the bus would be packed to capacity?? We were sardines. Jeff, the germaphobe, was in charge of the Bugaboo, and was pushed and shoved by regular public transit users who know proper protocol. I, oh so helpful, stood clenching a pole laughing my ass off. Really now, what else could I do?


No comments: