
Hey Guys! Have you missed me much?? Yeah, seeing from my last entry, the one that generated all of TWO comments, I can feel the love! Kisses!
So, in keeping with my very late monthly recap schedule, here is Michael's 15th month update. It's gonna be short... Promise & Pinky swear.
I should probably tell you that after several years of only drinking decaf, Michael has finally persuaded me to join the ranks of the evil caf. I'm bouncing off the walls, yet I seem to be the only one actually enjoying it.
Everyone else just thinks I'm losing my mind.
Okay... maybe a little.

Let's begin, shall we?
I think he's a pretty normal, very rambunctious 15-month-old boy. Completely opposite from Emma in every way possible. Some people think he's lacking in structure, may have a little A.D.D, and is slightly out of control. What with the running up and down the halls screaming and throwing stuff, and touching, pulling, and poking everything that can indeed be touched, pulled, and poked. Including his sister. Some people also think he's running the show, that he's controlling me. I think some people are mistaken. I am not going to stifle my kid's enthusiasm for learning and exploring just so I can have a little more peace and order in my household. Okay, hopefully I'll remember to delete this part of the post as soon as some people have internet access once again! BUT... in case I don't... I really don't mind that some people feel it okay to give me their opinions, and I truly do value others' insights. Really, I do. Especially those who have been there & done it before. And have done it well, I might add. And I will listen, evaluate, and ultimately change some things, and leave others as they are.
Moving forward...

Sept 16 - he learned how to blow kisses! Except sometimes he gets a little confused and thinks that he has to put his hand to YOUR mouth and then will do the big "MMMmmmmWwwwwwwaaaahhhh!"
I'll have you know, that by early October he fully gets the art of the blow.
Sometime in Mid-Sept - Got his 10th tooth! Bottom, left side - think of where the four middle ones are, then go left, there is a space, then there is Tooth #10.

Many kids I hear about have to fall asleep next to their mother or father. Not Michael. He has to fall asleep ON his mother. Specifically ON MY FACE. Seriously. The kid, who may I remind you, is no lightweight, falls asleep with his stomach ON MY FACE. I try to move him, but then I'm just greeted with a chain of "hi's". Hi hi hi hi hi...." And as cute as this is, come midnight, not so cute. Then there's Emma... read her three, maybe four books, get a hug & a kiss, and see ya in the morning!
He now says "UP!" But it can mean anything from up to down to left to right. Who the hell really knows what he's actually talking about. But he does say it.
He seems to be getting a little punky these days. Punky? What's that? Well, I'm not totally sure what the real dictionary meaning is, but the Michael Meaning is that when he gets annoyed, and clearly the words Hi and Up don't properly work to explain his frustration, he'll just pitch whatever it is he's holding. Like if he wants more milk in his bottle, and you go and just hand him the empty one, he takes a sip only to discover there's nothing there, he'll look at you and just throw the bottle. HARD. Like with REAL FEELING. Oh My God. He's a person. A person without words. At least he's got a decent arm. If only we lived in the States, I could see myself encouraging him to go for that coveted baseball schlorship.

Oh... I should also mention that he does say MAP. Y'know, from Dora. Actually, it's more like MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and he doesn't really realize that it's Dora-specific. Rather, just whenever the TV is on, he'll stand in front of it and scream MAAAAAAAAAAA at the top of his lungs. Funnily enough, when he wants Emma, the word sounds errily similar. Just shorter. More like Maaa Maaa.
For some reason, when Michael sees something he wants, something he MUST HAVE, he makes a straight beeline toward it. Regardless of what is between him and Said Desired Object. Like, if Emma is lying on the floor between him and, say... a truck, he'll just walk OVER her, rather than going AROUND her. Like, the normal thing to do. Sometimes she's actually okay with it. Or, more likely, she's just given up.
Is it really necessary to tell you how he's fascinated by all things boy? Like his package, the seatbelt part of his carseat, the seatbelt of his stroller, the seatbelt in his highchair, his poo... A.D.D my ass.

7 comments:
He is so gorgeous...
MG-K
Oh wow that first pic of him? Too freakin' cute! He is a doll...
Honestly he sounds like a normal boy to me. They are just very rambunctius always! My brother used to sleep on my mom like that. When she was pregnant with me the only way she could get him to sleep was to let him sleep with his tummy over her head.
He's a cutie! And I am SO JEALOUS! I want to experience a little fall weather. It was 90 degrees here yesterday for Pete's sake.
Yeesh.
He is so freaking gorgeous! In the first picture of him with the apple (the one where the top of his head is cut off), you can see the ressemblance to Emma. Not sure if it's the look he's giving, but there's no doubt they both have the same dads (just in case you've been worried or something, just have a perfect stranger in Dallas confirm your kids' DNA for you...)
What a sweetie!! I cannot believe he is 15 months old.. it seems like yesterday he was born...lol Great update!!
Lord that boy is so handsome! That close-up pic of him with the apply (the first one) he looks alot like Emma!
Post a Comment