Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Looking Back... Emma is 35 Months Old!

IMG_3769

So now that Emma rolls over, sits up, is capable of crawling both backwards AND forwards, walks, and talks... really, what's left to record in her monthly updates? Oh yeah... all those oh-so-cute things she says! At least they're cute in real life - I have doubts about how well they translate to my blog. I mean, even reading some of them right now, if I didn't know her, I really wouldn't care so much.

But it's my blog. So there.

(But ummm... please read it. Or at least pretend you do. That would make me happy. Don't you want to make me happy?)

IMG_3120

=================

"I really like that Bubbie."

=================

"It's really fun to smile."

=================

She's turned into a bit of a backseat driver. Literally. Okay, not really literally cuz she doesn't have pedals or a steering wheel or anything, but well, y'know. She'll call out things like:

"Watch out for that house!"
"Watch out for that car!"

It's helpful. And annoying. But really, aren't all backseat drivers just that?

================

IMG_3100

She prides herself of not being afraid of the dark. Except at night, in her room. Then ALL lights MUST remain on, and low & behold, she falls asleep much later.

A: Emma, you won't fall asleep with all the lights on.
E: No. I WON'T fall asleep WITHOUT all the lights on.

================

As for the monsters though, when Jeff asked her who told her about them, she blamed Bubbie.
Bubbie denies it, but Jeff believes Emma. Yes, he actually thinks MY MOTHER told her there are monsters in her room. C'mon...
Granted, when Emma finds out Santa doesn't really exist, well... he probably won't be entirely wrong.

================

IMG_4003 2

E: You're a booger.
A: No, you're a booger.
E: You're a bigger booger.
A: No, you're a bigger booger.
E: How about we're BOTH bigger boogers?

=================

A: You're cute.
E: You're cute too.
A: You're super cute.
E: You're super cute too. How about we're BOTH super cute?

=================

Have I mentioned how much Emma likes to sing?



Jackson Two from doublea on Vimeo.

================

One afternoon we're driving into our neighbourhood mall. To go to Sears.
A: (out loud, but really to myself) There's Sears...
E: "Good remembering, Mommy!"

=================

"I need to get a little bra for my little boobs."

=================

The Famous (Infamous?) Popper Races of 2007:



Popper Races from doublea on Vimeo.

=================

"When I get my driver's license..."

=================

E: I wish I could drive.
A: If you could drive, where would you go?
E: To Galati's.

Galati's, FYI, is Emma's favourite grocery store. It's the one that has the little buggies. All grocery stores should have the little buggies. They'd sell a lot more crap. I mean, stuff.

=================

It's all pink, all the time. Basically, in Emma's world, if it's not pink, it's simply wrong. And then - uh oh - she noticed there is no pink in her room. Why? Cuz I'm an idiot. When I was pregnant I thought I would do her room all 'gender neutral' cuz if ever I had a second child, and said second child was a boy, I could re-use all her 'gender neutral' bedding and accessories and what not. Yeah. Right. I've mentioned that up till he got his big boy bed, Michael never spent more than 20 minutes in his room before? And so really, what was the point of bringing all that 'gender neutral' bedding over? Speaking of which, I've got a fair bit of 'gender neutral' bedding for sale. Along with a very nice crib. Used for only one child.

================

E: I would really like a TV in my room.
A: Who do you know that has a TV in their room?
E: Daddy.

================

"Michael has a tree in his room. That's really weird."

================

"I like dogs. And nice cats. Not mean cats, like Esther's."

(Cuz back in February, 2006 Esther's cat scratched Emma. Don't piss off my kid. She doesn't forget. Or forgive.)

=================

A: Yummy Yummy in your tummy!
E: No... Yummy Yummy in my bum... cuz I pish it out.

=================

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Emma stories. I think she's a complete riot.

Barbara said...

There's no tooth fairy or Easter Bunny either, and not all Teachers, Police men, or Doctors are nice. You want fairy tales? Talk to someone else, this Bubbie tells it like it is.

BB

M said...

Oh heavens I could come here just for the pics and the silly girl stories. TOTALLY translates well into blogland!!

Happy Working Mom said...

Adorable! I love the videos...they're so cute!

Anonymous said...

She cracks me up!! Love the videos and her hair? For the love of shoes, she has gorgeous hair :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

That girl kills me!! I love the pic of her at the beach?, beautiful!!

my4kids said...

I agree with M it totally translates in blogland. If ya got kids you understand the language! She is just to cute!

It really is fun to smile!

Emma in Canada said...

The bra for the boobies totally cracked me up.