Friday, October 12, 2007

Flying In The Wind (updated - you can now see the video!)

Did I tell you my inlaws are in town from Mobile, Alabama? Well, they are. And for the whole month! And I think that's great! And if you think you're sensing my usual scarcasm dripping off my tongue, well, for the first time you'd be wrong. Unlike most of my friends & family, I actually LIKE my in-laws. And my kids love them! And considering they read the blog, and you all know that, you're likely thinking, "God, you're a big freakin' kiss ass." And fact is, you'd be right. I am. Just one more thing about me to love.

Anyhow, they rented a house/cottage/chalet type place up in the Blue Mountains for the month - even though we keep saying that they can stay with us, that we don't mind, they never do. Not for more than a few nights. I think they think they're 'in the way'. They're not. At all.

Anyhow, so last weekend we went up for the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend, and when we arrived, The Girl Who LOVES PINK AND FLOWERS AND ALL THINGS GIRLY was given her choice of bedrooms:

P1020895

P1020891

P1020893

Complete & Total Heaven for Emma, right?

Yeah.

She chose this one:

P1020891

Surprised the hell outta me. And here, I thought I knew my kid.

Michael had to have the room with the bright pink flowers. He was less than pleased. And quite loud about it. Until quite late at night. And carried on till the wee morning hours too.

But then, he got to go on the big boy swing (his first time) in the park down the street:

P1020836

And here is Jeff and his father. At least Jeff will know EXACTLY what he's going to look like in 30 years! Kinda freaky, eh?

P1020878

Have I mentioned that Emma "flies" everywhere? Except when she just gets out of the shower. Cuz then she's temporarily grounded, as her "wings are wet". And everyone knows you can't fly with wet wings. Or when she has a band-aid on one finger. Cuz then she's off balance. That doesn't work so well when in flight.

And now she's got Esther, the kids in the court, the nurses in the ER (from when Michael got his glue-stitch), and Michael flying everywhere. My kid is a trend setter. She's even giving 'lessons', cuz apparently flying isn't as easy as it looks. But it's quite fun when you're on a drive in the country, and have all the windows open!


Flying In The Wind from doublea on Vimeo.

If you're still with me, feel free to check out more photos from our weekend up north. Here we are Kite Flying for the first time! And here we are Picking Apples! (Everyone agreed that it was much more fun than it sounded! Initially they just wanted to go and BUY the apples! Go figure!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the room with the pink flowers :)

Jeff and his dad look like brothers!!

Sign me up for Emma's flying lessons. Maybe not today, though. It's raining hard here in NY and ya know....I can't fly with wet wings :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I was thinking that she picked the room with the big pink flowers too!

And, wow, Jeff and his dad look like twins!

You didn't know you couldn't fly with wet wings? What kind of mother are you!

my4kids said...

I love the pictures and Michael looks to cute when eating those apples. Joshua used to be convinced he could fly it was really cute. Can't see the video though it says its private.

Tonya said...

WOW does your husband ever look like his dad.. he will look exactly like him when he gets older! Love the pics :) I could not watch the video though because it says it is protected.. oh but you already knew that from the previous poster.. lol

Hope you are having a brilliant weekend :)

Barbara said...

Do I get a say in all this? Oh well, it never stopped me before, I think George and Charlene should leave Collingwood asap and spend the rest of their time here with you, Jeff and the kids, I'll even invite everyone for dinner, I'm thinking Pickle Barrel or Shoeless Joe's! Can I get a HELL YES???
BB

Anonymous said...

Ya! They came all this way to see you... so why so far?????

Barbara said...

Who's agreeing with me? Is that you Martine???
BB

Emma in Canada said...

Those are some pretty fancy cottages. I would have picked the big pink floral myself...it was a bit funky.

Anonymous said...

Michael looks pretty terrified in the video! Emma's flying class doesn't offer parachutes for toddlers?

Mir said...

I am so shocked that he swings so well at his age! Stick that kid in gymnastics or something because that is awesome balance!