Saturday, September 08, 2007

You Know You're Tired When

Last night I made dinner. I say that like it's some big deal, but the reality is, the cook was off, and I wasn't in the mood to order in or dine out, so... I cooked. Or at least I prepped. Jeff actually did the bulk of the real cooking. Or at least the bar-b-que-ing.

So what was for dinner, you ask?
Actually nothing special. Steak, grilled veggies (peppers, portabella mushrooms, sweet onions), and roasted sweet potatoes. It's one of our staples.

I prepared everything and cooked the sweet potatoes in the oven. Jeff BBQ'd everything else. Perfectly, might I add.

We ate, and then we went to bed.

Tonight, seeing as the cook decided to take another day off, I set about making yet another dinner. Ribs. In the oven. With corn and a caesar salad on the side.

I opened the oven door and - holy crap!! There are my sweet potatoes from last night!!! I totally forgot about them!!

Turns out they are just as good, if not better, 24 hours later.

Shhhh....

11 comments:

Tonya said...

lol @ the sweet potatoes!! I want to come to your house for BBQ!!

my4kids said...

I've done that before!lol!

If steak is a staple in your house, can I come live with you?

Anonymous said...

OK, first, that dinner sounds awesome. Just fire the cook.

Second, I've left stuff in the oven so many times... Of course, I usually also forget to turn off the oven, proving once again that you're smarter and less forgetful than I am.

Anonymous said...

Mmm... sweet potatoes.

I still don't get how people can NOT like them!

Barbara said...

Wait a second........you just invited me for dinner tonight, are you going to reheat the sweet potatoes?

BB

Anonymous said...

I got the invite, too... I guess she made a LOT.

Emma in Canada said...

Huh? A cook? Seriously? No, you're joking. Right?

Barbara said...

Last night's dinner was the best!! Steaks on the BBQ were perfect, I don't know how you do it, I'm exhausted watching you, thank you for inviting us!

BB

Anonymous said...

So something I've done before!!

3XMom said...

yumm..i LOVE roasted sweet potatoes! I tagged you - sorry. Feel free to ignore, if you hate these games (they are kind of like chain letters). Details on my blog.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

LMAO! Are you taking cooking lessons from Kellie?