Friday, September 07, 2007

First Day!! (Updated)

IMG_3440

Today is Emma's first day at PRE-SCHOOL!!!!

OH. MY. GOD.

My baby is almost an adult.

And what did she tell me yesterday when we were talking about the big event of today?

"I don't need you, Mommy. I'm a big girl."

Sigh.

Granted, while she's maintained this stance for a while now, we'll see what happens when I go to leave... if I go to leave... Truthfully, other than at my mother's house, she's NEVER been without me. Not even with a sitter. Occasionally, if we're at a friend's house, I'll go to pee and be in the washroom without her for two minutes, but that's about it.

So we'll see just how big of a girl she is. Hopefully not too big... but then, hopefully not too little either. I think she's pretty prepared. I mean, we've driven by the school daily for three months now, and she's soooo excited! When we were at that birthday party where the "Messy Hands" bus pulled up and all the kids piled in, Emma thought the bus was there to take her to preschool, and she was so excited her entire little body was shaking. When I had to break the news that she was going in to paint and do pottery stuff she was totally disappointed. Ooops... sorry, birthday party girl.

============

Okay, we're home. I stayed. Today was only an hour - and besides, all the other mothers (and one father) stayed. How would it look if I took off? Well, there was one mother who sat outside the class and her daughter was less than pleased. So yeah. I stayed. Emma LOVED it. But I knew she would... Hell, we went to every single open house just so she could keep going inside, getting her all psyched up. Poor kid probably thought this day would NEVER come. But it did... and now it's done, and tomorrow is Saturday.

Her teacher is so sweet, and young, and hip.
And thanks for Stacey, Emma was the ONLY kid in her class that brought a gift!! Yippee!!!

Of course, I took some photos... cuz I'm gay like that. Nothing great, cuz I didn't want to seem too nerdy, but HAHA - at least I HAVE photos of my kids' first day of school.

Another shot of the 1st Day Gift:

IMG_3443

Play-Doh-ing:

P1020589

Circle Time: (I should mention that since it was the first day, the class was divided in half - next week there will be 9 kids in her class...)

P1020599

Washing Hands Before Snack (that's Lisa, her teacher):

P1020604

Snack (it was watermelon, animal crackers, and a choice of milk or water):

P1020608

Playing in the Water Table:

P1020623

Getting Her Cubby:

P1020597

And finally, some painting:

P1020591

Yup... it was a busy hour!!

Can't wait till next week!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! And nerve wracking!! Looking forward to an update with how she (and you!) did :)

my4kids said...

I miss when my kids were in preschool :(. She definetly looks happy to be there!

Julie said...

Gosh she sure did a lot in an hour! Looks like she enjoyed it all.

Emma in Canada said...

Damn that Stacey! I REFUSE to bring the teacher a goift on the first day. Though those flowers were pretty cute. Were they bought at a national chain or some funky Toronto only shop?

Glad her first day went well. I'm not sure Saoirse will make it another 2 months, she talks about it everyday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first day of pre-school Emma. You look as though you are totally enjoying all those wonderful activites. I loved your little gift to the teacher, and most of all, I love you!!
Grandma xxxooo

Barbara said...

Don't let anyone tell you that that giving the teacher a gift is a bribe, it's an "Incentive"

BB

Tonya said...

OMG she is growing up too fast!! Slow her down a bit.. because that only means my girl is growing up to fast as well *sigh*

Love the pics... you could never be nerdy takin pics!!

Anonymous said...

All that in an hour???? That's freaking insane! What'd, they eat their snack through a straw?

I'm glad she loved it and I love the pictures! An entry worthy of the great photographing mom you are!

Anonymous said...

How cute IS she?!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Emma is going to love school!! She seems so thrilled to be part of it all. I can't wait to read updates next week.

It won't be long and we will be reading about Michael's first day.

Aunt Lisa

Happy Working Mom said...

Oh my gosh she's so freakin adorable! It looks like she really enjoyed it!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

OMG, she's just so damn cute! I am so glad she had a good time and that you made it through also!