Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Farming For Berries

IMG_3176

Yesterday was glorious. Glorious? Did I really just say that out loud?

Okay, it was, like, a really nice day.

Lori & I took Emma, Michael & Baby Alexandria to Whittamores Farm for a day of fun, animals, and raspberry picking. Okay, actually it was more like 20 minutes of fun, a goat, rooster, and fake cow, followed by 20 minutes of raspberry picking, and 10 minutes in the market. All in all, a really good 50 minutes. Yeah. Nobody told us the place closed at 5:00. Shame it took longer than that just to get there.

Farms. Why do they always have to be out in the middle of nowhere?

And now, since the photos are pretty accurate, I don't know if I should waste your time with words. And it's early. Like, it's 7:30 and I've only had one cup of coffee and any second now - or even sooner - Michael is not going to allow me to geek out on the computer any longer.

So here goes... Picture time!!

Here they are, milking the fake goat slash cow. I have video of this too, but I'll spare you. And yes, you should thank me.

IMG_3157

IMG_3189

Here is Emma, riding the rubber horse.

IMG_3179

Seriously. This horse? Made from a tire. I think that whoever thought of this should get some sort of design award. Cuz in a billion years I would never look at a TIRE and think I could make a RIDE'M HORSE!

Clearly I'm easy to impress. Just ask Jeff - he's bound to agree. Or laugh.

IMG_3183

Here is Emma in the big bouncy farm thing. After we kicked all the other kids out so I could take this video. Michael, however, TERRIFIED. Tried to throw him in, but let's just say he was less than pleased with me. And here I thought he was so brave.



Bouncing from doublea and Vimeo.

Here is Emma running through the maize maze.



aMAZEd from doublea and Vimeo.

Aren't you thrilled you visited my blog today for this captivating update? Hopefully tomorrow I'll have Emma's 34-month update posted...

Oh? You thought I was finished? I'm not... I haven't even gotten to the berry picking portion of the day yet!

But first... first... here is Emma & Michael & a goat. If you could only see Michael's face here, well... he was beside himself beaming. Like the kid had never seen a goat before.

Oh wait... he hadn't.



Untitled from doublea and Vimeo.

You still with me?

Good. You're almost done.

Here we are picking raspberries. This was actually more fun for the kids than I thought it would be. Me, too. Turns out we're big raspberry lovers. And if you ignore all the signs that say "DO NOT EAT" it makes for a delicious 20 minutes. Cuz yeah... you stick two kids in a field of berries and just try to tell them not to sample. Likewise, stick ME in a field of berries and just try to tell me not to sample... I suppose it's not too unlike the whole grape debate - except I had more than one.

IMG_3202

IMG_3205

IMG_3228

IMG_3234

YUM!!!

And then we bought some tomatoes.

Crap. Can you believe that summer is OVER????!!!!!

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Your Children are "out standing in their field"

BB

Stacey said...

Adorable pictures! How fun!

And I wanted to tell you, that YES, you must send a "butter-up the teacher" gift on the first day of the school year. Trust me, I'm a former preschool and kindergarten teacher, and nothing says "Love my child!" more than gifts on the first day. Just kidding - sort of. ;)

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Love the tire horse...brilliant idea!!

NOT sample? Are they CRAZY!? I'd eat way more than I picked, that's for sure!!

Emma in Canada said...

Feck, your kids are cute. The bouncy castle with cow head was a bit freaky.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with Michael on the impaled cow bouncy house. That's just freaky.

Looks like a ton of fun, despite the shortened time frame!

Julie said...

Looks like a great time was had by everyone!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and those raspberries are making my mouth water!What a fun place to take the kids.
Grandma xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Where is this farm?

On Yom Kippur we go to Chudleighs every year apple picking. I know what you are thinking right now but hey, as long as Maureen doesn't find out who cares! Honestly this will be out fourth year. Let me know...

my4kids said...

Your kids are so freaking cute! Have I said that before, I love to hear Emma talk on the videos!
I agree I can't go to those places without sampling!