Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Party & A Bus

IMG_2539

Yesterday we went to a party. And when I say we, I mean just Emma & I. Not that I don't like carting Michael around everywhere - cuz I do - but it was really quite nice to just be able to sit and not hold a 25-lb'er. Particularly when the bulk of the party backyard was taken up by a pool.

Truth be told, I had been involved in a tribal rain dance all last week. Why? Cuz really, I had less than no desire to get into my one piece of ill-fitting swimwear and go for a dip with Emma, 30 of my closet acquiaintences, and their children. Go figure. And for once my dance actually paid off! Horray for rain!!!

IMG_2569

Anyhoo, it was Julia's 4th birthday party. Julia probably has the best hair of any 4-year-old ever. She's the blonde on the left. Come to think of it, her little friend there also has some pretty fantastic hair. Hmmm... think anyone over here had a wee bit of a little something called hair envy?

IMG_2638

Back to my story... it rained. The swimming portion of the party was cancelled. Thank goodness. I think everyone - except for the kids - was happy about that. There was one mother there, with her four-year-old son, that had TRIPLETS just four months ago. Two boys & a girl. How I don't envy her.

IMG_2736

Then the 'entertainment' arrived. It was put on my Messy Hands - a bus that pulls into your driveway, the kids pile in, and do a craft. Perfect - mess up the bus, and not your house. Brilliant. And the kids had a fantastic time. It also confirmed my decision not to bring Michael cuz no way in hell would he have sat in the 8000 degree bus for any more than two seconds. And while Martine's boys often chose to draw on each other rather than the birthday card, I can only imagine what Michael would have been doing. Actually... I know what he'd be doing. He'd be trying to jump out the bus window.

The craft of the day was pottery... Emma made a fish. What? It isn't obvious?

IMG_2737

Wanna see more pics? Well... guess what?! You can! Click HERE.

Oh... and always an important in the recap of any birthday, wedding, or bar mitzvah... how was the food? Well, the burgers was very greasy and the cake was outstanding. 'Nuff said.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun party. Isn't is amazing when you are only out with 1 kid instead of 2 - how much easier things are. NOthing against my 1 1/2 year old but it's SO easy just taking my 5 1/2 year hold places.

Anonymous said...

That fish looks like a cookie with M&M's.... MMMMM....

Barbara said...

You have 30 friends in your closet? Are they gay? Let them out!! And.......how greasy was them burgers?

Anonymous said...

Now I understand the facebook posting about doing the tribal dance....it all makes sense now...

Emma in Canada said...

What the? 3 posts in 2 days? Are you on speed or something?

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

It really does look like a fish! Is that a cookie??

my4kids said...

I get the whole hair envy thing, I think Emma's is great though. Kenzie had curls like that when she was her age but mostly its not as curly but she has some pretty awesome hair now I think. And the fish? totally obvious!