It always seems to reach the point of EXCESSIVE LENGTH before I can't take it anymore and chop it all off.
I reached that point this past Friday...
Here is a "before" shot. Notice how insanely Crysal Gayle long it is:

And here is an "after" shot. Ignore the horrible mess in my kitchen. Clearly I wasn't expecting the Internet to be coming over for lunch.

And here it is a little closer. Also bear in mind that I had JUST returned from the salon in these shots, so it's still very "hair-dresser" done. I don't think the pictures do it justice, but I actually cut off at least 8 inches. That's a lot of hair!!!

In other news that I know my readers care about... my period ended yesterday. A full five days of heavy. Moderate cramping on Day 1, but with a nap and a few Tylenol Extra Strengths was okay...
Now the next big question is to IUD or not to IUD?

21 comments:
hi alyssa-
please email me your snail mail address, so that I can include you in the blog swap.
thanks,
frannie
franniemagnolia@comcast.net
Love your new haircut.
I am the same with my hair I actually don't get it cut off very often until it is getting to long and heavey. Your hair looks great by the way.
Alissa---I Love your hair!!! You look absolutely beautiful!!
CA
Wow, your hair is gorgeous.
I have a Mirena fitted and it's brilliant, one period every year to 18 months which is so light I barely notice it. Look here for more information:
http://www.mirena-us.com/index.html?c=S1&WT.srch=1
Thank you for stopping in my blog!
Your hair looks really beautiful and your pictures with your daughter are so cute!
I agree, Mirena all the way... (too much info about your little sister, perhaps?)
Love the hair! BUT, in all honesty, I don't think your stylist fluffed your curls up as nicely as they are without going to the "pro".
You look great!! I love the new hairstyle :)
It does look great. I can totally see why you would want to climb onto the counter and announce how cute you are.
Oh it is FABULOUS! Yeah for haircuts! (I, too, abuse my hair...was over 2 years before I had my most recent one!)
And dude. If that's dirty I wanna live in your world!
You hair looks great! Love the curls!
I've always thought that your smile was your best feature.
BB
Hair looks great!
I have no advice on the IUD.
They freak me out!
I am jealous! What locks!! You know, at first, I saw snipped and the picture of you and Michael and my reaction was "THE POOR KID!" But now, I'm thinking that "snipped" is the answer to your last question.
I know it is in our house. :-)
Your hair looks gorgeous!!
Oh no no no - anything that stops your period isn't good. I don't care what others say. It's only natural to have a monthly cycle.
My last patient before I left the Middle East was begging me, just a few weeks before we left, to see her. It turned out she had been having trouble from having had an IUD 7 months before. As soon as she had it removed, her symptoms cleared up.
Please research the complications and dangers carefully. Don't just take a doctors word for it. Research all the possibilities - pitfalls, dangers and bonuses for yourself. Good luck with your decision.;)
you look good long hair and short. And Emma is gorgeous!
Thanks for visiting my site - come again:-)
Love the new do. It looks great!
I love your hair! Mine is naturally curly, but I have to really work with it to make it look decent curly, so I end up flat ironing it. I actually blogged about the unfairness that is birth control today!
My sister got an IUD after her 6-week check up when she had my niece, so she's had it in 7 months now and loves it.
The idea of having something in me used to freak me out, but that new IUD sounds really great.
And the concept of having to have a period is old-fashioned now. In fact, research shows that the fewer periods a woman has, the lower her risk of ovarian cancer.
That's my two cents from everything I've read! Of course, I'm not a doctor, but everyone I've asked seems to think IUD's are the way to go. Plus, if you decide you want to have another, you just have it taken it out and you can have another baby immediately, which is definitely a bonus!
Wow! I was shocked to see your haricut! It looks good... next period can we expect some bangs??!!
I'm probably WAAAAAAY too late on this, but I did get a Mirena IUD after my second child, and had it removed less than 2 years later due to all kinds of weird side effects. I was miserable.
However, they are REALLY successful for a lot of people, so just do your research.
And by the way, they HURT LIKE FUCK going in.
Post a Comment