I just really hoped, in the back of my mind, that it wouldn't be here quite so soon. Okay, not so much in the back of my mind at all.
That's right. Six weeks after completely weening MickNew, I was woken by a visit from an old friend. One I hadn't missed at all. Not one bit. Yup. My period is back. Ugh.
With the exception of a few days in September, 2005, I have not had it since February, 2004. And the only reason I even remember the September, 2005 incident was because it had to come on the day of my sister's wedding. Making my bloated stomach all the more prominent in my lovely lilac matron of honour gown. It was a very pretty day. Ahh... memories. But the saganaki station was awesome. Again, memories...
Anyhow, immediately after the wedding I got knocked up again. No, not on her wedding night...
And haven't had my period since.
Until today.
I keep hearing horror stories of how much more painful, how much heavier it is after kids... True? Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
With each child I had my period got lighter and lighter!
Mine too. And if you take after me menopause will be a breeze, no bad moods, no hot flashes, no facial hair, nothing. Something to look forward to.
BB
well only one kid here and mine is ALOT heavier than ever before.. Before it was like drip, drip its over. (yeah I know TMI) but now it is not good.. uggg
If I didn't like you so much I'd call you a bitch. I got my period when Sophie was 6 weeks old. And I'm still breastfeeding. Curses.
Mine is way heavier. But you'll probably be really lucky and have nada.
Bitch!
If I didn't like you so much I'd call you a bitch. I got my period when Sophie was 6 weeks old. And I'm still breastfeeding. Curses.
Mine is way heavier. But you'll probably be really lucky and have nada.
Bitch!
Mine has been lighter but longer since the munchkin, less painful too. I hope you're as lucky.
It's different for everyone. Although the majority of my patients say there is less pain with slightly heavier bleeding after having children. Level of activity and diet play a big role in how heavy the flow becomes. Stay active - eat well - and I'm sure it'll be fine;).
I, also, have had it less painful and lighter flow. Though I do remember having it while still nursing, too.
Heavier. Gawd, yes. It's insane how much heavier.
More painful? No. Of course, I'm one of the few women in the world who gets a little discomfort once every 5 years. It's genetic -- don't hate me.
So maybe the first is making up for the second?
Post a Comment