Monday, April 23, 2007

So Happy For Sunshine

Well it's about bloody time. Seriously. Seems like it's been winter for, well, forever really. Just cold and grey. Every. Single. Day.

This weekend the sun finally decided to come out, and we decided to join it. Outside. What a novel concept.

To change the topic for a sec, you may have noticed that there are more video clips on my site now. Lots more. How come? Cuz I gots meself a new camera!!!! One that takes video clips!! Now I'm a video clipping little freak. Much as I love my Canon, it doesn't do movies. And movies are just plain cool. So I'm likely gonna annoy the hell out of the one reader I have left who isn't a member of my family (hi Emma) by playing reel after reel of my children doing cute, stupid, or annoying things.

Don't worry. I'll likely go overboard right now, but like everything else in my life, it's just a phrase. It'll pass. I have serious commitment issues when it comes to any sort of hobby. Or educational path. Or career. Again, another blog entirely.

So yeah. We went to the park on Friday with Michelle, Esther, and Baby Zachary.

Emma went on a big girl swing for the first time ever.






Swinging Like A Big Girl on Vimeo

Michael went on a little boy swing for the first time ever.






The Other Kind of Swinging on Vimeo

Okay, that's it for now. I'm pooped.

Tomorrow I'm going to write all about the Indian Mendhi we attended on Sunday night... Put it this way, the emailed invitation requested "Monetary gifts appreciated in lieu of gifts." We bought the happy couple a large, heavy crystal serving bowl and a small cheque. Okay, the cheque was regulation size, but the amount I wrote in it was small. We arrived, went to put our gift on the gift table. The one with the HUGE money box in the centre. And no other gifts. Just hundreds of larger cheques and our stinkin bowl.

8 comments:

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

I love it, I love it!!! Make them longer, I can watch it all day!!

BB

Emmakirst said...

I wish I didn't have crapass dial-up so that I could watch the video clips. I'm sure they are adorable, I know the pictures are.

Ooops about the bowl!

Barbara said...

More please.

BB

Emma in Canada said...

I don't mind your videos. Really. At least you post pics of your kids. I'm the neglectful mother who doesn't.

I so would not have given a cheque to someone who specifically requested money. That's sort of rude. God, I'm my mother's daughter.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Emma from Canada, I would have purpously NOT given money.
Wow, how wenchlike(sp.) of me!

Beccy said...

I too am so like Emma and Lisa, no money! A mother in my sons class celebrated his 6th birthday and asked for money not gifts, I thought that was really cheeky.

Anonymous said...

Well. Maybe they used your heavy crystal bowl after the big box was full to put all those cheques in. Having a back-up is always great. Emma said to come and visit you and leave a comment. I don't know Emma, but I like her blog enough to do what she says. You've got really cute kids and your blog is great.