Saturday, April 07, 2007

Tidbits before the (very late) Recap

Several days ago Emma's toy Elmo cellphone stopped working. Perhaps it was because it's two years old and I've never changed the battery.

Today, while in the car, the last of my cellphone's juice ran out.

A: Shoot... my phone died.
E: Mine too.

==========

Every night this week Emma has invited Diego over for dinner. And he's come too. Tonight, however, she informed me that Elmo was to be her special guest. NOT Diego. So she set a place for Elmo - in HER booster seat. Even put out a placemat for him. Sat him down, buckled him in, and I gave him a bib. She told me that she would like to serve Elmo noodles with cheese. Okay, not a problem.

I made her dinner, put it in her favourite pink bowl, and gave her a fork.

I went to empty the dishwasher, leaving her, Elmo, and Michael at the table.

E: Just try it... it's delicious!
E: ....
E: C'mon... just try it!
E: ....
E: It's good. You'll enjoy it! C'mon...
E: ....
E: Mommy! Can Elmo have some applesauce?

This kid is gonna be a killer at dinner parties.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Did Elmo eat the applesauce?

Anonymous said...

Very funny, You must be walking around with a smile on your face 24/7. Pictures, update pictures.

Marlee

Unknown said...

What a darling! She is so smart!