Lately I've been totally out of whack. So much so that the other day I went to the doctor to get a tetnus shot for Emma's preschool, and spoke to the doctor about my enormous loss of marbles, those marbles that I actually hear dropping out my ears and bouncing down the hallway behind me. She made me give a blood sample to test for a thyroid dysfunction. Uh-huh. I thought nothing of it. I mean really nothing. Didn't even bother to mention it to Jeff. (Strangely enough, I did tell him that in fact I had a tetnus shot in 2001 and didn't need another cuz they're good for 10 years.)
A few days later the phone rang while I was changing Michael. I couldn't get it in time, but saw on the call display that it was the doctor's office. I assumed they were calling about having a cancellation for my physical appointment, the one that's currently scheduled for May.
Checked the message and was told my results were in, and to call back.
Oh no!!! This can't be good. They NEVER call with good news. When the doctor calls with test results it's cuz you have something. They don't call when you're fine. Those are the rules. Everyone knows that.
Of course, I start freaking out. I tell Jeff about the test.
J: Can a wonky thryoid make you insane?
A: Yeah, I think so.
E: Yeah is not a word.
J: Well, that would explain alot...
A: My friend's mother had a wonky thryoid and her medication made her eyes bug out. AGH!! I don't want buggy eyes!!!
I called back the doctor.
I'm fine.
Insane, but fine. Well at least my thyroid is fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The cause of losing one's marbles is life in general.
Don't fret, it gets worse...and better...and worse.
Marlee
Haha to Emma's comment.
Post a Comment