Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Michael is Nine Months Old! (updated)

IMG_8870

Here I thought that childhood just kept getting better & better... I was wrong. I like this age the best.

Yeah, yeah, I know Emma is walking & talking and all, but Michael... well, Michael is all about discovery. Seeing & doing everything. And he takes such delight in the smallest things, his weiner being one of them. But I guess, with men, that delight never really goes away, now does it?

But what I'm really talking about is the brass door knobs on our Juliet doors in the bedroom - he LOVES playing with those. More fun than all the Little Tykes stuff I oculd ever own. Give the kid an electical cord & watch him go! Plug it in and let the real fun begin!

Here I made Emma invite him over to her house for a tea-party. You can tell he's thrilled to be there. Probably because she made him feel oh-so welcome.

IMG_8733

The other day he discovered how his hand can open and close. Open and close. Again and again. He thinks about it, looks down, and watches it go. Neat. You could just see the little light bulb going off in his head... Open. Close.

We went for Michael's 9 month check-up today. Yeah, a few days late. I know. Bug off. I've been busy. Anyhoo, he's a solid 20.5 lbs, 28.5 inches. That puts him squarely in the middle. 50th percentile. Then Emma got to stand on the scale. Fully clothed. Shoes on. 26lbs. The doctor gives Michael 6 weeks to be bigger than her. She's gonna be pisssed.

P1000348

He's all about trying to stand this month. I'm sure he would have been doing this ages ago had he had a CRIB OF HIS OWN to practice in. Now he's using our dining room chairs - I just have to be careful that, what with his weight, they don't fall backward on him.

IMG_8892

IMG_8915

IMG_8883

He LOVES LOVES LOVES Emma! She walks into a room and it's like the sun just starting shining after months of rain. The smile he gets... Oh. My. God. I could eat him up whole. Shame he bugs the hell out of her lately. And she's getting to be where she can be a real < s > bitch < /s > sweetheart to him. Did I mention that he has two bruises on his face and scratches on his leg? And I don't know how they got there? I'm just saying...

Okay, now for the highlights: (By the way, I did buy myself a babybook last week for Michael. However, I am now sooo ridiculously far behind, that I haven't been able to bother filing it in yet.)

IMG_8732

March 18 - Michael got his first tooth!

March 19 - I started to ween Michael off my boob during the day.

March 27 - Michael is officially crawling!!!






Motoring. on Vimeo

April 9 - Michael is COMPLETELY WEENED!!! Whoo Hoo!!! Martini's, Peanut Butter, and... well, more Martini's! Watch out... Here I come!!

IMG_8805

April 10 - Michael is pulling himself up to stand - on the bathtub, ottoman, LeapFrog Learning Table, and toilet. But only when Emma is peeing. And here I wonder why she gets so annoyed by him.






Free to Pee on Vimeo

Check it out, dawg... (clearly, I watch too much AI) Here he is, wearing a Tommy Girl t-shirt, holding himself up by one hand on the pink baby carriage, but madly clutching his snake in his free hand. Such a boy.

IMG_8845

I'll have you know, it's days like this that I totally feel like a mother. Oh wait, that's everyday. Because I don't do lists. And if I do, I forget them at home. So I'm at the grocery store everday. Because I'm hopelessly unorganized and even more forgetful.

IMG_8773

Have I mentioned the extreme separation anxiety? If there were an Olympic Sport for this sort of thing, my kid would get a gold. Hell, he'd likely inspire the judging panel to creat a platinum award. He's that intense. I'd go into further detail, but I left his sight for a quarter of a second and now he's screaming bloody murder.

Did I mention how much I love this age?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures, movies,and story are so good--brought back the many memories of our recent visit. I see how Emma lost her pink cowboy hat--grandma wasn't watching closely enough!!! I'm searching for another one--no luck so far Emma, but I'll keep trying!!! Michael--you are the most happy,and loveable little guy in the whole wide world!!!
Grandpa & Grandma

Emma in Canada said...

The strikethrough didn't work!

I haven't taken Sophie for a check up since she was 2 months old. I'm a terrible mother.

I love the picture on the scale- he totally looks like he's posing.

Barbara said...

Well this one was certainly worth the wait!!! Love the bathroom movie!! If Lori was that interested in what you were doing on the toilet I have no doubt that you would have given her a closer look, I'm just saying.....

BB

Anonymous said...

Ewww.. mother! That's gross.

Again, Micheal, when you look back at some of the ways which Emma treats you, I'm here for you (where we can sit and ponder life as the second child)...

Anonymous said...

You little ones are so cute.