Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Point Of The Purim Post (Updated)

Okay, so yesterday I wrote all about the slam dunk frollicking good time had by all at the Purim party at the old age home. It was late when I started writing that post, all of 9:00 pm or something, and I couldn't be bothered to get to where I really wanted to go with it. So here's part two...

While at the party, I saw someone I knew from high school. At first I thought she looked familiar, but wasn't quite sure... Then someone said her name. And it's not like her name is Lisa or Jennifer or some other ridiculously uncreative lame ass name from the 70's. I can say this because that is exactly what the name Emma is going to be 20 years from now. So yeah... I was right. I knew her from high school. And I was friends with her too. Not great friends by any means, but she was definitely a part of my larger social circle. Anyhow... she was at the party with her family, just as I was there with mine. I saw her at the arts & crafts table with her daughter, we did a friendly little chit-chat about how cute Emma's cowboy hat & boots were (cuz duh... they're awesome), and that was that.

Point?

I did not mention that I know her.
I did not remind her that she knows me.
Just spoke to her like she was a total stranger.

Do other people do this?
I mean, maybe.
Hell, she may have known exactly who I was too... It's not like I look much different. Maybe she just didn't bother to say anything either.
Quite possible.

Alternatively...
Am I just horribly unfriendly?
Shy and timid?
Or a total bitch?

I mean, other than a great game of Jewish Geography, I don't really know what I would have had to talk about, seeing as I haven't seen her in TWENTY YEARS.
And, like I said, it's not like we were great buddies.

I can just imagine the conversation:

A: Hey... it's Alissa! Remember me? From Newtonbrook?
J: Hi!! How's it going?! What's new?
A: Uh.. nuthin'. You?

You probably think I'm writing about this because I'm bothered that I didn't say anything.
And in one way I am.... and in another, not so much.

Update: I've decided... I'm not shy & I'm not a bitch. In the recent past, I have indeed re-introduced myself to random people I hadn't seen in years. This time, however, I simply wasn't in the mood. And that's all there was to it. Now stop judging me. Blah.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I think I would be wondering... hmmm did she not recognize me? lol.. she must be the bitch! No, just kiding but I think I may have done that before.. errr.. maybe! lol

Anonymous said...

who was it???
MG_K